Krupp Raumer S

Started by seadude, November 21, 2016, 06:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

I never knew this existed until today.  :o The Germans certainly liked to build big and weird things, that's for sure.
http://blog.tankpedia.org/2013/10/27/germanys-krupp-raumer-s-selbstrantrieb-heavily-armoured-minesweeper/

And.......I even found out Takom is planning to come out with a model kit of this vehicle........at least, I certainly hope they do. I'm still pissed at them for canceling their Landkreuzer P1500 model kit project.  :banghead:
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/1015835-takom-2053-krupp-raumer-s

Anyway, count me in for buying 1 or 2 of the Krupp Raumer kits.  :thumbsup: I can see some unique whiffing possibilities with this kit. ;)

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.

Captain Canada

I'd not seen that before either.....but wow, that is big and neat !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

In a similar vein but not even hinted at in styrene;

Germany's Wargel LW-5 as created by Lauster.

(Courtesy of Tankpedia)

About half way down the page ... if you can get that far ;) ; http://blog.tankpedia.org/2013/10/
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Looks like an escapee from WWI to me.

I'm sure there was something like that on a stand at Telford
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

The thing's paint scheme in the lower picture is cool.  :thumbsup:

seadude

I just got the Krupp Raumer S today! Unfortuneately, it was a very belated Christmas gift from my best friend. But as they say, Patience is a virtue. ;) And I was willing to wait for this.
But anyway, I thought I'd share some pics of the kit parts, instructions, and so forth. Enjoy!

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.

seadude

seadude

The only bad things so far I'm seeing are:
a) No photoetch parts for the kit.
b) Only Ammo of Mig Jimenez color paint callouts are used.

I probably don't mind that there isn't any photoetch as I rarely, if ever, use photoetch on my models. But to others who may want to build the kit, it's a bummer. :(
The hobby store near me doesn't sell Ammo colors, so I'm going to have to think of Testor and Tamiya alternatives.  :unsure:

This is such an odd vehicle that I'm not sure what to whif it into, if anything? I can't think of any ideas.  :banghead:

jcf

Nazi Schnee-Kreuzer    :thumbsup:

http://www.joeld.net/snowcruiser/snowcruiser.html

;D

BTW only do a web search on the term 'nazi snow cruiser' if you're in the mood to fall
down into the world of the 'Hollow Earth' loonies.
:banghead:

seadude

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on February 17, 2017, 10:19:38 PM
Nazi Schnee-Kreuzer    :thumbsup:

http://www.joeld.net/snowcruiser/snowcruiser.html

;D

BTW only do a web search on the term 'nazi snow cruiser' if you're in the mood to fall
down into the world of the 'Hollow Earth' loonies.
:banghead:

You know, I can't help but wonder if the Nazi's did some spying and espionage on the American antarctic snow cruiser and based their Raumer S vehicle partially on that? Both vehicles are big, long, tall, and have very big wheels.  :o

JoeP

Sci-fi idea - moon or other alien world rover.
Nickname - pushme-pullyu
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

TsrJoe

... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

seadude

Quote from: JoeP on February 19, 2017, 01:16:00 PM
Sci-fi idea - moon or other alien world rover.

That isn't too bad of an idea.  :thumbsup:  I actually like it and may go with it. I think I may have a few laser cannons in my spare parts box I can add too. Will probably have to add some other add-ons like communications dish, exterior oxygen and fuel tanks, hoses and piping, etc.  Paint scheme would have to be in shades of light or medium gray.