AS2K8 Medium Surface to Air Missils System

Started by buzzbomb, November 05, 2016, 02:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzbomb

As the need for the UK Defence forces to have a viable Medium Range SAM system become more urgent, the project began to look at existing chassis to streamline the planned Palletised weapon system into service. The AS90 SP gun was chosen as the platform as it ticked most of the boxes required for a battlefield armoured SAM System.
This build was done on BTS so is already complete, just would like to share it here as well.

This is the Trumpeter AS90 kit, probably due for a bit of Meng or Takom rehit, so the purfect platform for this.

Let the hackage commence, to get the basic idea

Started out thinking of using the missiles off the Trumpy SA-6 Gainful, but then decided.. they look like SA-6 Gainful missiles.

So using things like this for inspiration

pretty much ended up looking at the canister container, quick reload option, hence the tuby things.

Thence we went from that, added the last bits, detail and then to the paint shop

Hobbes

Dizzyfugu

Excellent. Totally weird, but wonderfully built and painted. Mio mucho like it.  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

Wow. That is really good ! Very believable for sure.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Never mind the excellent model, I love the word 'hackage'.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 06, 2016, 11:30:40 AM
Never mind the excellent model, I love the word 'hackage'.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D
I take it that said word will be appearing in the report of your next wing extension project. What ever that ends up being ;D
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Martin H on November 06, 2016, 11:42:07 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 06, 2016, 11:30:40 AM
I take it that said word will be appearing in the report of your next wing extension project. What ever that ends up being ;D

I'll work it into something, that's for sure.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sandiego89

Really well done!  Great idea and execution.

I never got the white walled tires on those parade vehicles- "nice wheels comrade..."
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Old Wombat

Quote from: sandiego89 on November 06, 2016, 01:43:57 PM
Really well done!  Great idea and execution.

I never got the white walled tires on those parade vehicles- "nice wheels comrade..."

It's a bit like military Full Dress uniforms; traditional & only worn for special occasions. Same with the pristine paint job.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Not just whitewalls, but so pristine that they have unworn treads with the same sheen as a set of 1/25 tyres straight out of the box.
I think I may have to build some PDRV armour in parade order...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..