F-5 ZOV Twin-Tigco and OV-105 Bronger

Started by Tophe, November 04, 2016, 09:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

From Flyer's great topic/blog http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,39500.435.html

Quote from: Tophe on November 03, 2016, 10:38:19 PM
Quote from: Flyer on October 30, 2016, 11:08:21 PM
You would have liked what I almost did to it last night Tophe, I was going to add booms and tail from a Bronco to it but I couldn't immediately think of what to do with a boomless Bronco so I cancelled that...
Quote from: Tophe on October 31, 2016, 12:16:03 AM
A boomless Bronco would be a wonderful flying wing, somehow ;) but do in your own way, this creation is of course your property! :thumbsup:
This idea of Bronco booms somewhere and a boomless Bronco flying wing turned in my mind, round and round... and I think that, thanks to you Flyer, that produced a solid project of model in my mind. For my birthday in December, I plan to buy one 1/144th Bronco kit (Hornet) and two 1/144th F-5 Tiger kits : the F-5s would be close to one another with external booms from the Bronco, and without the F-5 fins, reported on the Bronco flying wing, with maybe low wing... :angel: ;D Thanks again!

This is preliminary work, I plan to buy the kits in early January 2017 (or maybe early December 2016) :
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

I have to check first if the OV-10's tailplane size is good for a zwilling F-5Z or a single F-5.

Well, for a Zwilling F-5, lots of work would have to be done between the fuselages, with no room for 2 air-intakes. So the F-5ZOV Twin-Tigco project turns down to F-5OV Tigco with a single F-5, which is cheaper moreover.
Concerning the OV-10 fuselage, I think my Bronger flying wing project (or tailless with 2 fins) will change, using the 2 tailplanes of the F-5 (not only the fin, single at last), maybe as canard foreplanes...

Tophe

So here will be the Bronger part. (without the full wing because I lack room, sorry PR19Kit...)

I found with Google just a view from underside (of OV-10), from above there would be the F-5 fin on the wing and rear end of fuselage.

RAFF-35

Love it! Does this mean that you might be doing a physical build soon, Tophe?  :o
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

Tophe

Quote from: RAFF-35 on November 05, 2016, 12:33:25 AM
Love it! Does this mean that you might be doing a physical build soon, Tophe?  :o
Yes, this will happen soon (if I am not murdered).
But you know: I am not playing only with pictures, see my big collection of personal models at http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/ThankingIgor.htm

Tophe

Tophe

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

AXU

F-5/OV-10 is the Flitzer's development...great mix!  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Tophe on November 04, 2016, 10:16:54 PM

(without the full wing because I lack room, sorry PR19Kit...)

Tut tut..............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Very cool Tophe ! Love the last set of profiles  :wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 06, 2016, 11:28:16 AM
Quote from: Tophe on November 04, 2016, 10:16:54 PM

(without the full wing because I lack room, sorry PR19Kit...)

Tut tut..............

Tophe.... Ambitious, friend!  I can't wait to see this coming together.   A pretty nutty idea so you know I'm on board.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

Thanks to all!

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 06, 2016, 07:59:45 PM
Tophe.... Ambitious, friend!
Yes, if Flyer - scratchbuild expert - has discarded this idea, I may fail because I have 10 times less skills.
Anyway I do not guarantee the result will be wonderful but I will try, my way (with imperfect result, just trying to materialize an idea)... :-\ ;)

TheChronicOne

Bud, you keep going and you're going to have Wonder Woman's invisible jet.   ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

ericr

excellent ideas and projects! much success with the realisation!  :thumbsup: