Red Arrows

Started by Flanker37, November 01, 2016, 08:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flanker37

Not sure if this is the right place for this, if not could an Admin make sure it find its home.

So, it's in the news today about the Red Arrows getting new Aircraft, which apparently wont include new Hawk T.2's http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37833311

So what would it be? Typhoons?

Let the mockups /whiffs / CGI begin

Rheged

Quote from: Flanker37 on November 01, 2016, 08:28:42 AM
Not sure if this is the right place for this, if not could an Admin make sure it find its home.

So, it's in the news today about the Red Arrows getting new Aircraft, which apparently wont include new Hawk T.2's http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37833311

So what would it be? Typhoons?

Let the mockups /whiffs / CGI begin

I noticed it too, and put it in "Any good links..."  which may or may not have been the right place!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

TomZ

F-35? Then they can hover in formation........

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

RAFF-35

Quote from: TomZ on November 01, 2016, 09:37:13 AM
F-35? Then they can hover in formation........

TomZ

Hahahaha, yeah, a formation of all two of them  :thumbsup: I've always thought that the harrier would make for a good red arrow, could dig up a few GR.9's for next to nothing nowadays  ;D
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

Flanker37

JayBee

OK
If the Hawk T2 is not in the running, what is?
Typhoon and F-35 are too expensive.
So what trainers do we have that have the crowd pleasing performance?

I do have an idea in my head, but I do not like it.
Several ideas in fact, but I do not like any of them.

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Flanker37

I think its about time something else was developed.  I mean the hawk began life in the 50's.  And it has just been continuously updated like the B-52, because there is no replacement.

And the governments attitude "if it aint broke, dont fix it"

They probably will fall back on an updated T.2 for my 2 cents worth.  There is nothing else, unless we buy something from someone, but then it will not be a british flag bearer

DarrenP2

Grob 120TP
Beechcraft T6 Harvard II
Refurbished legacy Hawk T Mk 1
Hawk T2

Scorpion
or if the bandwidth 9 reapers doing close formation aerobatics!

But could you see the Red Arrows in an American or German Aircraft the Sun wouldn't wear it I suspect BaE will make a deal. But will it just be the Arrows or will 736 Sqn & 100Sqn have their "Legacy" hawks replaced to?

Martin H

Quote from: DarrenP2 on November 01, 2016, 12:31:09 PM
Beechcraft T6 Harvard II

Refurbished legacy Hawk T Mk 1

Nah unlikely rehashed Hawks, they might go for the ex Luftwaffe Alphajets thou  ;D :wacko:

My bet is on the Harvard II/PC 9
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Mossie

The government unsuccessfully tried to get rid of the Sentinel a few years back, maybe they'll be re-tasked??? ;) ;) ;)
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Snowtrooper

If they can't afford new Hawk T.2's, maybe retired Tornados would be cheap enough? ;D Harrier would also allow some spectacular stunts. EDIT: Jaguars would probably also be available cheaply, but isn't the Jag a bit underpowered and its wing heavily loaded for acrobatic flying?

Gripen NG would be cheaper than F-35 and Tyfie but would still have the performance to turn some heads - a prop job simply won't do. Can't still really imagine them to fly anything that's not British. Though, by the time they will be looking for new planes, that might spell as "English". :wacko:

PR19_Kit

Note this at the foot of the link :-

QuoteAmendment: This story was changed on November 1 to reflect the defence secretary's comments that the Red Arrows fleet would be reviewed rather than imminently replaced.[/quote]
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

RAFF-35

Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

JayBee

My money is on the BAe/Pilatus PC-21, but as I said a few posts back, I do not like that idea.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!