RAN Super Etendard

Started by zenrat, October 30, 2016, 12:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strobez

Wow. Very nice work. I've got this kit in my stash and I hope it turns out anywhere close to yours. I also love the nice clean paint work.
Thanks!

Greg

nighthunter

This actually makes the Super Etendard look good! (Personal opinion)
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

zenrat

Thanks folks.  Glad you like it.  Thanks for all the nice words.
The placement of the demarcation was all down to me being too lazy to walk back up to the house and look at references and so making it all up as I went along.
Why the large "NAVY"?  To be honest because these were the back up set I ran off for the In The Navy GB RAN Banshee and so were sized for that.  It also has the same serial number for the same reason.  It's actually the serial number from a RW RAN Sea Fury which I will eventually build.
In my warped imagination the RAAF angrily demanded Naval aircraft were labelled thus so complaints were correctly directed.

Strobez - when you build it watch the fit of the belly panel (made in one with the underside of the wings).  I didn't fettle it enough and got a step.  The true reason for the positioning  of the NAVY decal on the underside.
Other than that it went together well.  You get a good load of stencils on the decal sheet which is nice.

Any appearance of a quality finish is all due to White Knight Satin Acrylic Clear (hides a multitude of sins) and carefull photo selection (get the angle right and the glue marks on one wing don't show!).

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Great job on this one ! Looks so right  :wub: That's one a/c that just looks right as a navy bird, and she looks even better in that RAN scheme.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..