Author Topic: #6 REALLY DONE @p.2 +++ A literal Sea Gladiator in Portuguese post-war service  (Read 4870 times)

Offline Sport21ing

• Out of the Whiffing Closet
How!!! GJ ;)
My deviantart page:
http://sport16ing.deviantart.com/

PS: Not my art, not very good at drawning :P

Offline Dizzyfugu

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
    • Lots of works in my FlickR gallery
Thanks a lot, gentlemen. Well, the air bases's pelling was taken from the sources where I gathered most of the info about the Portuguese Gladiators from (a Squadron source book), so I did and do not question it - whether it is Portuguese, English or simply wrong spelling. ;) Tejas is, AFAIK, a Portuguese military air base, bt , again, spelling could be fishy.

Glad you like the lil' bugger. The Gladiator on floats looks very nice, and, as already mentioned, this could be a perfect addition to a Matchbox Flower Class corvette - it's so compact and retro, would be a perfect complement.

Offline zenrat

• Not on the rug, man!
Cool.  Good job Dizz.
 :thumbsup:
Fred

Let's make Victoria great again.

Another ill conceived, poorly thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IMELBOUR261

Offline Old Wombat

• Armour: The Gods of War love it!
Nice job, Dizzy! Very nice! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Offline DogfighterZen

• Bmx, music and whif junkie
Thanks a lot, gentlemen. Well, the air bases's pelling was taken from the sources where I gathered most of the info about the Portuguese Gladiators from (a Squadron source book), so I did and do not question it - whether it is Portuguese, English or simply wrong spelling. ;) Tejas is, AFAIK, a Portuguese military air base, bt , again, spelling could be fishy.

Glad you like the lil' bugger. The Gladiator on floats looks very nice, and, as already mentioned, this could be a perfect addition to a Matchbox Flower Class corvette - it's so compact and retro, would be a perfect complement.

I understand your position, these are just minor details in what we do, but i'm sorry to say, the Squadron book is wrong.  ;D
Re Tejas, like i wrote before, on the Terceira island there is only the Vitória beach military harbor, which is annexed to the Lajes BA4, and it's been so since 1945, after US forces expanded the existing airfield.
And we don't even have a city/village/town with that name, it is a Spanish word... maybe you were thinking of the BA11, located on the outskirts of Beja, which happens to be the closest air base to where i live, and it's in the middle of the mainland, not on the islands, not even near the coast... ;D
Anyway, just minor details that won't diminish your work. :bow: It just got me confused so i had to speak. :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 03:55:54 am by DogfighterZen »
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Offline Dizzyfugu

LOL, thanks a lot for the clarification.  :thumbsup:

Offline ericr

Yes it would look great on a Flower Class corvette with a catapult ! :-)

Offline Glenn Gilbertson

• Had fish & chips in Hull once
  • Remembers when Airfix kits cost 2s (£0.10)
A superb piece of modelling - it looks so right! :thumbsup:

Offline nighthunter

• "Maybe I like that I'm Not Alright."
Thomas's next project: 1/72 Portuguese Flower Class Corvette, lol
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Offline Dizzyfugu

Nice idea, and actually there's a cheap (EUR 29,-) Revell-reboxed Matchbox Corvette waiting for a buyer... But I'll pass, because I have NO idea where to leave it.  ;)

Offline nighthunter

Nice idea, and actually there's a cheap (EUR 29,-) Revell-reboxed Matchbox Corvette waiting for a buyer... But I'll pass, because I have NO idea where to leave it.  ;)
Under the Gladiator, of course, lol!

Offline Dizzyfugu

...and above the German 1:72 U-Boot?  :unsure:

Offline nighthunter

Makes sense, :P

Offline Captain Canada

• "but this time it's different. I was drunk when I agreed to it."
 :bow: :cheers: :party: Superb ! Bravo ! Love this one, looks so right. Always been a fan of a/c with the centreline float like that. Great pics as well, the one of=ver the ship and then the next one on the ground are just phenomenal. Very realistic. Cheers
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?