3 for 1: A day at the races (A tale of Super-powered rivalry) - Done!

Started by proditor, October 01, 2016, 09:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

proditor

I'm in. I have three kits for this build, but you might as well count it as one build as opposed to three.

All of them are old. I have a Matchbox 1/72 F-104 Starfighter, an AMT F.6 Lightning from the old Matchbox mold, and a positively ancient Airfix Mig-21.

I screwed up on my photos, more on that in a second.

Here are the two I absolutely remembered to take all proper like:

And I thought I snapped the Mig, but apparently not. I'm forging on anyway, if there is to be a penalty, it's my own darn fault for not double-checking the camera roll.

Initial construction:

And some preliminary putty work.

And that's about my limit for a full day.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Sugar, powdered. Celery.

:wacko:

That's quite the trio ! Looks like a fun project. Modern day jets have nothing on these sexy speedsters !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

proditor

I didn't forget this one, but I got hit with a Kidney stone and it's seriously crimping my mojo currently.

I did manage to finish the layout plans, and I ordered some bits to finish it all off, so that's something at least.

Hopefully some progress and pics soon.

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

proditor

Thanks guys! I passed what amounts to a monster sized stone (5mmx9mm) and things are back on track.

I got more done with this, but I had a delay as I had to upgrade my workstation to this:

The Paint racks are from Hobby Zone, the underlying structure I made with a Dremel Saw, some 1/4" MDF, and some 1/2" Poplar. There's a Bluetooth speaker, and a 5 inch wide mini-PC. The two bays to the far left and right both have backings so stuff doesn't fall off the desk. I have a tool and brush organizer from Hobby Zone coming to replace the current brush holder, sometime next week.

So with that done, back to the build! You may remember we were working on three 1960's hot rod fighters.

And I figured why not make them into literal hot rods! Backstory to follow, short version is that in the 60's, the major world powers got into a new race, one for the land speed record.

First, the US entry:

And next to the Russian entry:

The Russian entry undercarriage:

Both of the above in primer, next to the UK entry.

Much more to come.  :)

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

RAFF-35

Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

TheChronicOne

Good stuff here!  CONGRATS on riddance of the stone. I've heard that stuff is torture.  Cool stuff with the work station there, I like it a lot! LAstly, your models. What a cool idea and they look really great!  Good to have you back.
-Sprues McDuck-

philp

Arrrgh, beaten to my White Lightning that I had planned for that LSR GB how many years ago.

Looking forward to seeing these done.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Modelling_Mushi

Quote from: proditor on December 01, 2016, 03:06:43 PM
... I passed what amounts to a monster sized stone (5mmx9mm) ...

Earghhhh!  :o Glad you didn't post the soundtrack to that one!

The rods are looking fantastic!   :thumbsup:
Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

zenrat

I'm jealous of your paint rack.

Didn't the Trust LSR car use (a) Lightning engine(s) IRL?
Would the MiG & the Lockheed retain their guns?

Fred