Swift PR6

Started by andrewj, September 25, 2016, 06:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewj

The Supermarine Swift PR6, simple conversion from the Airfix FR5. Recent information suggests the PR6 would not have had extended wings , so the only modifications are to delete the cannon ports and add the belly camera ports and wing tanks.

Andrew

PR19_Kit

Quote from: andrewj on September 25, 2016, 06:54:04 AM
The Supermarine Swift PR6, simple conversion from the Airfix FR5. Recent information suggests the PR6 would not have had extended wings , so the only modifications are to delete the cannon ports and add the belly camera ports and wing tanks.

WHAT??? That's heresy!  :wacko:

Your model, on the other hand, is gorgeous, specially in that scheme.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 25, 2016, 02:38:48 PM
Quote from: andrewj on September 25, 2016, 06:54:04 AM

WHAT??? That's heresy!  :wacko:

Your model, on the other hand, is gorgeous, specially in that scheme.  :thumbsup:

I wondered how long it would take you to notice Andrews comment lol
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Rat

Beautiful! Haven't started on mine yet, might do it OOB first and then grab another for whiffing.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

NARSES2

As Kit says that is gorgeous  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

I'll third the notion that this thing is gorgeous. Wow. Looks so good in that scheme. Great work on this build. Very clean !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn Gilbertson

Needs longer wingsThat is really beautiful! :thumbsup:

Dizzyfugu

That's looking sexy!  :thumbsup:

Knightflyer

Having seen this example I've definitely got to try doing one of these!  ;D Inspirational. Well Done Sir!  ;D
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

loupgarou

Striking in those colours!  :wub:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.