Author Topic: Chronic's Research and Aeronautics Project (C.R.A.P.)  (Read 28711 times)

Offline TheChronicOne

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • -Sprues McDuck-
Re: Chronic's Research and Aeronautics Project (C.R.A.P.)
« Reply #810 on: August 12, 2017, 03:28:43 pm »
Speedy update.

Finished PSR on main fuselage so I glued the wings on. Once I get the wing root seams PSRed, I'll glue on the tail planes. I'm taking a more cautious approach to this one and doing all I can in between steps as to leave nothing to chance.

Also, I tried to pain the yellow bit on the engine cowling but when I got to feathering the edge big pieces came off so I just stripped it all back off and will start over. I didn't prime it, so, the paint didn't have much to stick to. I'll prime it then do it again and that will solve the problem.

The bulk of the day has been spent working on the Sci Fi GB entry. All together a good solid 4 hours of painting over the span of 6 hours. Yeah.. I've pretty much spent all damn day working on models, this one in particular! It's getting there, though....  lots of tedious painting followed by successive rounds of touch up.  Bit by bit, though, it's coming together.

-Sprues McDuck-

Offline Old Wombat

• Armour: The Gods of War love it!
« Reply #811 on: August 13, 2017, 01:58:29 am »
Looking good there, Brad! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Offline zenrat

• OH&S Professional. With the scars to prove it.
« Reply #812 on: August 13, 2017, 03:22:47 am »
The Ferrengi Calzone looks good.
 :thumbsup:
Fred

Another ill conceived, poorly thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries

Never underestimate the stupidity of humanity.  Robert A Heinlein

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #813 on: August 13, 2017, 07:58:17 am »
Looking good there, Brad! :thumbsup:

Thanks! BOTH of these projects are fun!

The Ferrengi Calzone looks good.
 :thumbsup:

That's a new one!  ;D ;D

Man... now I got the munchies.   :o ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #814 on: August 14, 2017, 03:09:02 am »
Going to get back to work on the Mitsu today. More PSR trying to get the wing roots right and also the fuselage repair. I suppose it's possible that I could reach primer stage today but I kind of doubt it. Most likely I'll need another round or two of filler.

If I get that project far enough along it'll be back to dual workings on the C-Fury and the Ferengi Calzone. The Calzone is drawing nearer to being done. I could potentially FINISH it today depending on how well things go. Also, I have 4.3 billion errands to run today so that might slow me down but I hope not.
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #815 on: August 23, 2017, 07:04:20 am »
Haven't so much as looked at any of these projects in about a week. Stopped to play some video games and also kind of haven't been "feeling it" due to RW problems. Ever have people in your life that excel at pushing all the right buttons and can ruin your whole day in a matter of minutes?  Yeah.  I could work 23.5 hours a day and the 30 minutes I spend not working makes people think I don't do ANYTHING, EVER.  :rolleyes:

But enough of that BS.

Back to sanding the piss out of the Mitsu!!  ;D  I almost have the top side all fixed up and good to go (the important side, for sure!) I just need to finish putty on the part on the bottom where I melted a bit of a hole into the fuselage and also clean up the bottom side of the wing roots.

Not making any plans beyond this because I have a boat load of chores to do first, including getting my work space re-organized. I have to hit the re-set button on that before I begin work or I just don't feel right!  Also, I may be tempted by the video game console again and wind up doing that.  :rolleyes: ;D ;D

-Sprues McDuck-

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #816 on: August 23, 2017, 07:50:35 am »
Ahhhh yes! It's like coming home! Already breaking stuff!   ;D ;D

It's cool though because I'm having a lot of fun and video games fell off the radar. I now have putty on the seams on the Mitsu and the C-Fury both. I'll let them sit around a bit then I'll whip up a batch of something to skim coat the stuff with (probably just use grey paint or something... a few passes with that will work fine, I've done it before; I call it MRS. SURFACER)

In the meantime... I'll continue to work on the Ferengi Calzone. It's getting dangerously close to a clear coat. Depending on how well I do with my touch up painting I might... MIGHT be able to finish it today but I sort of doubt it.
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline Rick Lowe

• Full scale Arrow in basement
« Reply #817 on: August 25, 2017, 04:15:20 am »
That Ferengi is coming along really well, Brad.
It's amazing how a different paint job can change the whole look.

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #818 on: August 25, 2017, 05:50:23 am »
That Ferengi is coming along really well, Brad.
It's amazing how a different paint job can change the whole look.

Thanks Rick!!!! Glad you mentioned it because I aim to be FINISH with it today.  Wait'll you see it in the next pics! Much more detail and refinement. To that end... I have a tiny bit of touch up in the main engines areas and to paint the edges of the clear parts red. Then a bit of touch up on the upper surfaces around those areas. Also, a tiny bit of painting on the little thing that sits on top. I painted the yellow stripes on and surprisingly they don't look like utter garbage. One stripe had its edge messed up a bit when I peeled the tape off but it's minor.

Problem is... it is down pouring and humidity is 100% so the painting and gloss coats will take longer to dry, but, I have plenty of time left in the day.

I'll be working on the Mitsu and the C-fury as well in the between times.
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #819 on: August 25, 2017, 07:51:02 am »
Work situation is a disaster but I love it because this is all the excuse I need to sit on @$$ ALL DAY LONG and work on models!!!!    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anyway, more work done on the Ferengi. Main ship painting is DONE and I glossed coated it about 15 minutes ago. It's 9:45 AM here so I think I'll let it sit around until 1 PM then five into the transfers. All that is left aside from this is to do a tiny bit of painting on the doo-dad and the clear pieces.

Now that that is sitting around... I'm working on the C-Fury. I went ahead and sanded the wing roots and fixed up all the places I put putty.  I repaired the wing section I snapped off now it is singing in my helping hands apparatus to dry up. Next phase of work on that one involved glueing on the tailplanes. 

I suppose after I do the 10-15 minutes worth of painting on the Calzone then back around to work on the Mitsu.

-Sprues McDuck-

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #820 on: August 25, 2017, 09:50:57 am »
Phone/camera acting up. Last time I tried to post a pic from it it took like 20 minutes of fighting and now it's doing the same. Frustrating!

:banghead:
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline DogfighterZen

• Bmx, music and whif junkie
« Reply #821 on: August 25, 2017, 04:48:06 pm »
Try reboot? used to work with my old phone.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #822 on: August 25, 2017, 04:56:12 pm »
I'll do that next time it goes T.U. This thing has always given me problems.  It seems that I iron them out and things work for a long while, tho, until I do "something."  At one point I discovered that a USB cable I was using was the problem. So I solved that...   This time everything stopped working after I ran CCleaner on the computer. I guess it trashed some of the stuff the phone uses... I dunno...  I finally got it working so I hope it STAYS working. We'll find out in about an hour or less when I try to take pictures again.  :rolleyes: 
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline zenrat

• OH&S Professional. With the scars to prove it.
« Reply #823 on: August 26, 2017, 04:51:20 am »
...now it is singing in my helping hands...

My mind boggles...
 :o ;D
Fred

Another ill conceived, poorly thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries

Never underestimate the stupidity of humanity.  Robert A Heinlein

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #824 on: August 26, 2017, 05:47:07 am »
 ;D ;D   I really need to proofread. 

Sitting in my "Helping Hands" contraption.   ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-