Sumfin Stoopid

Started by zenrat, September 07, 2016, 04:06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Another blast from the past.

I'd built a decade of satin black Chevrolets and had a spare 1/24 Revell '53 'vette (wrong scale - all the rest had been 1/25).
So I started chopping up the body as practice, never intending to use it but then it started to come to life and I got inspired...
Stoopid10 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Body is sectioned and it has an altered wheelbase and is channelled.  Engine is a blown Hemi from I can't remember where and the wheels and tyres are from www.thepartsbox.com
Stoopid01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Although the class designation says AA/FA (Supercharged Fuel Altered) my thinking was it was an exhibition car built as a full sized 3D Ed Roth style "Monster" cartoon.  Hence the steering wheel height.  It would be driven by a bloke in a costume.  I meant to build a driver figure but haven't got round to it yet.
Stoopid06 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Stoopid05 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

That is so cool ! Love the colour, the stance, the wheels....great stuff. Did you make the decals ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Yep.  Downloaded a font, drew them up in powerpoint and printed them.
Glad you like it.  It's one of my favourites but not everyone gets it.

Just found this.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Yeah, that's VERY Ed Roth in character.  :thumbsup:

I can just see it jumping up off the line as the traction takes hold. great stuff.  :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

zenrat

There's a Sequel.
A 63 Chevy Nova Street Freak called 2 Stoopid.
Not as radical but just as much fun.

It's a Trumpeter '63 Nova with a blown 427 Big Block Chevy.  The engine is Monogram, probably from a '39 Chevy Street Rod.
The straight front axle is scratch built and the rear end will have come from my parts boxes.
Home made decals.
Fred

McColm

PR19_Kit

I LIKE that!  :thumbsup:

I can just see that coming off the line at The Pod, I can almost hear it!  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Fun.  :thumbsup:

Originally a Monogram kit and one of a series of metal bodied
kits in the '70s, some of which were later released in all
polystyrene versions.

DogfighterZen

Both are beautiful!! Excellent work!  :bow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Fred

zenrat

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on September 18, 2016, 01:30:10 PM
Originally a Monogram kit and one of a series of metal bodied kits in the '70s...

Ironic given the real 'vette was plastic.
Fred

Captain Canada

Love it. Love the stance, the paint, the name ! Would look great on the shelf, that. 

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?