PoAF F-86E Sabre - Esq. 51 "Falcões" - BA2 OTA - September 1958

Started by DogfighterZen, August 14, 2016, 03:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

This is just a moderate whif, the PoAF had the F-86F, but not the E version, which was the originally negotiated with the USAF.
The model was another one of my guinea pigs for tests, used for a pre-shading test, which would eventually disappear under the XF-24, from several touch-ups of scratches on the fuselage and wings, done during the secondary masking process... :rolleyes:
Anyway, this is my take on a PoAF F-86E in 1958. :mellow:

It's a simple whif, just another one finished to clear the bench of unfinished kits and practice stuff i hadn't tried before. Hope you like it! :thumbsup:

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TimJ

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Quote from: zenrat on August 14, 2016, 05:59:46 PM
Good work.  Pilot especially.

:thumbsup:

Thanks, Fred! :thumbsup:
The pilot was fun to paint, i'm just sorry i had to do it with the poor guy already glued to his seat. ;D

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Very nice. I like the colours and marking combo. The blue bits are a nice touch as well. Looks sinister like this ! Always loved the Sabre and this one gets top marks from me.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

I'm not used to seeing Saber jets in grey or blue but this one really looks good. Hope to see more!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

DogfighterZen

Thanks, guys! Glad you like it! :bow:
The scheme is a mix of the real PoAF F-86Fs with the RAF and Yugoslav Sabers. I'm pretty happy with the looks, like Captain Canada said, makes it more aggressive and i like that... :wacko:

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Flyer on August 16, 2016, 02:32:16 AM
Love the teeth. :thumbsup:

Thanks, flyer! :thumbsup:
I think i've recently become a fan of shark mouth schemes since i've built Monogram's P-40B, i really like how that one came out...

I have plans for more of these mixed schemes in future whifs. :thumbsup: