Westland Wessex - Sky Pirates of the Nullarbor Coast

Started by zenrat, May 27, 2016, 03:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on August 10, 2016, 04:02:12 AM
It was sort of based upon the camo used on Skoda Turtle armoured cars. 

I knew I could see something slightly familiar there, just couldn't twig  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

I really like the big Lysander spats, even though the stance is a little high? A ladder on board?  ;)

The WWI style paint scheme is also very cool - weird, but looks great and consistent.  :thumbsup:

KiwiZac

That really is superb Fred, I love it! Nice work!!

I created the arms company's name to form an acronym suitable for this endeavour ;-)
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

zenrat

Thanks folks.

Zac - I honestly hadn't noticed the acronym until now.  You're right though, I am.

Dizz - cargo nets rolled down from the doors.  And there is a winch on the starboard side.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

KiwiZac

Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Snowtrooper

The spats and stub wings look so natural that I wonder why they didn't apply those to the H-34 in the first place! Though, the tailwheel looks a bit spindly and too tall, but if you want to keep the floor absolutely horizontal, maybe that is unavoidable. Ju87 cannon pods of course look good on anything.

The camo is more like a dazzle camouflage in the sense that it doesn't blend to any surroundings that isn't a hippie festival, but it does break its outline and make it hard to see where it is going ;D

Any chance of a close-up shot of the crew and interior?

zenrat

Close up would be tricky ST now it's all buttoned up but i'll see what i can do for you.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on August 10, 2016, 04:02:12 AM
It was sort of based upon the camo used on Skoda Turtle armoured cars.  But not to the extent of actually having a pic in front of me while drawing on the pattern in pencil.
There is a whole discussion on colours and schemes earlier in this thread.

ah yes indeed I saw the Skoda Turtle, which makes me think of this Ford, which I found inspiring :

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ysi_maniac

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 09, 2016, 07:42:15 AM
Wonderfull, absolutely wonderfull  :bow: :bow:

Agreed!! ... but with those jet wings ... wow!
Will die without understanding this world.