no I'm not copying NARSES2, honest!

Started by kitbasher, September 18, 2015, 04:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Cool. I sat there last night looking at my Hurri and Spit not knowing where to go with either....had ideas but not really good ones.

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitbasher

Panel line scribing done, cockpit interior started with some interior green.  Nothing too exciting, hence no pics.

Will be keeping things simple so next off interior-wise will be a dark gunmetal interior and a steel-coloured seat, black instrument panel and some masking tape seat belts.  Once done the fuselage halved will be joined, wing and tailplane fitted, and the undercarriage/wheel bay prepainted.

More pics at that stage.   
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

Some progress here today too - fuselage put together and wings mated up.  Very little filling required, which is great considering the age and rather basic nature of the kit. Next session will be rubbing down - hopefully no further filling - and fitting the tailplane, undercarriage and cannon fairings.  Tyre painting will be part of the Mass Tyre Paint - one batch of the right shad applied to four or five builds.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

Assembled all bar a tiny bit more filling and minor bits such as the tailwheel and aerial, which I'll attach once the final round of fillng/sanding is done:

Captain Canada

Oh that looks nice ! Or should I say tough ? Love the new cannon !

:cheers: :wub: :bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitbasher

Third of the BoBGB builds, just behind the 109 now.  Undersides painted, canopy fitted, masking in advance of painting the upper surfaces underway:

PR19_Kit

It's getting better, but what are the cannon under the wings, and where did they come from too?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

It's Freightdog's Oerlikon cannon set intended for the new Airfix 1/72 Hurricane.  In real life they were trialled by 151 Sqn RAF during the BoB albeit with little success. 

PR19_Kit

Ahah, thanks Dave.   :thumbsup:

I'm not sure I've seen them before, they make a nice difference from the IICs wing mounted guns or the IID's 40 mm monsters.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

There were two Hurris in the SIG display just by the Comets - both used the conversion

And as the title of this thread implies, Brother Narses did one (http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,41156.msg700960.html#msg700960), which I think is in the SMW photo.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on November 14, 2015, 12:40:26 PM
There were two Hurris in the SIG display just by the Comets - both used the conversion

Sure, but I've had dinner since then............  ;D :lol:

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on November 14, 2015, 10:45:53 AM
 In real life they were trialled by 151 Sqn RAF during the BoB albeit with little success. 

Different in my world  ;D Mind you my Hurricane Mk Ib has two 20mm and 4 0.303" mg's as I'm sure that's the way they would have gone. They are lovely examples of resin casting  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Race against time #1:

Not much modelling time between now and Sunday.  As this is further away from completion than I'd have hoped I'm not confident it'll beat the deadline.  But I'll do my best.

PR19_Kit

See 'Race against time #1'................  ;)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher