INSPIRED BY NARSES2

Started by kitbasher, September 18, 2015, 04:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

It may be pink, it may have a camo scheme worn by some Hudsons.  It will have two engines and is inspired by NARSES2's recent build.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitbasher

Quote from: JayBee on September 18, 2015, 06:35:00 AM
DeHavilland Sea Comet?

Yes, a Comet Jim, nearly but not quite as we know it.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Captain Canada

Oh that will be cool ! I might pop into my LHS and see it he has one as well.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Well I enjoyed my build of this ancient piece of plastic. Looking forward to it. Now the Hudson that the PR unit had, had a very interesting scheme  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 21, 2015, 06:39:25 AM
Now the Hudson that the PR unit had, had a very interesting scheme  :thumbsup:

Do you mean the one in all over Camotint with the cameras hidden in the belly? Or the weirdly camouflaged one, which was mainly Camotint with tiger stripes? IIRC there's decal sheets for both of them, or there was anyway.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

I was thinking of the tiger stripe one. One profile I have has it in sky/dark green with either light slate grey or dark blue grey with the sky carried on over the upper surface as the stripes. It's in SAM's Camouflage and Markings No 2
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 22, 2015, 06:40:14 AM
I was thinking of the tiger stripe one. One profile I have has it in sky/dark green with either light slate grey or dark blue grey with the sky carried on over the upper surface as the stripes. It's in SAM's Camouflage and Markings No 2

Yes this will be the scheme, and the Comet is now essentially thrown together:

As with my BEA Comet (http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,40287.msg675427.html#msg675427) it's a case of glue, fill and sand to shape!  And fit a tailwheel.  So essentially a paint job.

Apologies for the size of the photo - not able to edit at the moment - once I get home I'll replace it with something slightly smaller, and the right way up. SORTED

NARSES2

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 23, 2015, 06:40:30 AM
You in Australia ?  :rolleyes:

Peak District.  Iffy wifi and a slow netbook.  Dunno why I can't get the photo right (despite trying).  Will sort it out at the weekend when I get home.

NARSES2

Nice part of the world unless you want to try and communicate with others  ;D Have a good trip back

PR19_Kit

Oh yes, that Hudson looks great. It'd fool some JMNs even though it's RW.  ;D :lol:  
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Great stuff guys thanks ! I'd no idea really regarding those Hudsons. Now that is somat to remember and check into again. Great little read above. Tragic really, but that was the times eh ?

The little Comet looks good. Nice to see the updates !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitbasher