Author Topic: Moments of Zen  (Read 25191 times)

Offline DogfighterZen

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • Bmx, music and whif junkie
Re: Moments of Zen
« Reply #570 on: February 14, 2018, 09:16:56 am »
Talkin' bout!!!

It looks like F-16 HULKAMANIA and stuff...  it's like it's the beefiest, most "solid" badass Viper variant.  ;D ;D

All the giblets you glued on this round help, too. Lookin like the business.  :mellow:

Glad you like the beastie, brother. :thumbsup:
All the humps, lumps, bumps and giblets make it look vey busy indeed, i love adding these smaller details, always a fun part of the build for me.
Been working on the pitot/nose tip area because the Hasegawa kit is showing it's age, and this is one of the spots where it shows best, the pitot is very simplified and the hole on the fuselage is also a bit worn out, creating a big difference in profile from the nose to the pitot tube, just looks too blunt so i put the part in place and cover the area with the magnificent substance known as Sprue Goo... ;D

I know that the F-16E does not have the normal pitot tube on the nose tip, it has a much smaller one on the side of nose, just under the left side AoA probe, but i wanted to keep the normal one as i did not scribe the F-16E's radome line.
The RACR AESA radar doesn't seem to have problems with the pitot tube, neither does the F-2A so i wanna have the normal radome/pitot assembly.
I was also forgetting that i have to finish the cockpit before i mask the canopy and attach it. Also decided to use the rest of the giblets available in the sprues, which weren't to be used on the OOB E variant. :wacko:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 09:18:39 am by DogfighterZen »
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Offline DogfighterZen

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • Bmx, music and whif junkie
Re: Moments of Zen
« Reply #571 on: March 08, 2018, 12:53:50 pm »
Well, i'm back at the bench... been very busy and with lots of other things on my mind to take care of so i took a break...
 not that i didn't have time to do some modelling but i just wasn't feeling like it and just pulled back till i got the urge to get back at it,
 and that happened today.
I wanna get the F-22 and F-16E finished and move on to the PoAF F-4 PhantomII in the colonial wars.
So, i got the F-16's canopy and intake masked up so, the rear part of the canopy was glued in place and it's now ready for primer.

The F-22 is still waiting for masking to paint the edges of the control surfaces and radome and, there's rain in the forecast for tomorrow... :wacko:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"