Author Topic: Chronic's Research and Aeronautics Project (C.R.A.P.)  (Read 118787 times)

Offline DogfighterZen

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • Bmx, music and whif junkie
Re: Chronic's Research and Aeronautics Project (C.R.A.P.)
« Reply #2505 on: December 13, 2018, 12:53:41 pm »
Very nice work on those decals, Brad! She's looking very good indeed! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #2506 on: December 13, 2018, 01:11:47 pm »
Thanks!! This lil thing is neato.  I've slapped some more decals on it so I'm nearly done. I have some more to go on the under side and some that may or may not go on there (because reference photos don't have them).

Speaking of... I finally found MY airplane.... .      turns out the last two letters of the reg are reversed on the decal sheet!!!!!!

Know what that means, right?!!? This thing is now officially a very subtle whif!!!!!  :wacko: :angel: ;D ;D ;D

EDIT: I've found a few other mistakes on the decal sheet as well, but, I still love 'em. The stuff as a whole looks fabulous!
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline PR19_Kit

• Closeted Take That fan
  • What-IF SIG
  • Whiffing since the 70s
« Reply #2507 on: December 13, 2018, 01:54:41 pm »
N4AE makes some sense as the AE fits with 'American Eagle', the sub-line that flew the ATRs.

I've seen similar screw ups on decals before, sometimes where the port lettering is different to the starboard and the decal maker has assumed it's the same.
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #2508 on: December 13, 2018, 03:12:53 pm »
Yeah, that makes all the sense. Figures! Next time I'll be sure to check up on this stuff BEFORE I put the transfers on. I could try to fix them but it would be very easy to mess up and I'm not really that bothered by it so I'm just going to keep chugging.  :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-