Grumman OV-1F Mohawk

Started by zenrat, June 03, 2015, 02:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

What if the Republic of China used the Mohawk in addition to the Tracker to patrol the Black Ditch?
I envisage the SLAR being reconfigured and optimised to detect surface craft.  Their main purpose would be surveillance but they would carry a couple of Walleyes so they had something to throw at a threat should the need arise.

Grumman Mohawk 013 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Grumman Mohawk 004 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Grumman Mohawk 008 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Grumman Mohawk 010 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Grumman Mohawk 001 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Kit is a 1/72 Hasegawa OV-1B built OOB apart from longer wings.
It's an older Hasegawa mould and thus has a few fit issues, raised panel lines, overly thick undercarriage doors, no detail inside the wheel wells and a smattering of flash & sinkmarks.  It required fishing weights inside the nose, behind the cockpit and in the front of the nacelles.  Despite all that it was an enjoyable build.
Paint job (including the crew overalls) is based on RoC Trackers as shown below and decals (based on a later low viz version) are a combination of home made, numbers from a couple of RAAF sets and the kit stencils.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Awesome job there Fred, and from a pretty basic kit too. The  paint job is VERY Taiwanese too.  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Bold colors, great concept - wonderful result!  :thumbsup:

Captain Canada

Perfect. Love the look of this one. The colours look great on it and I love the weapons load. Great job on that kit !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Sticky Fingers

Nice one! Attractive colourscheme indeed :thumbsup:

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

comrade harps

Very nice and with a dazzlingly beautiful camo.  :wub:
Whatever.

Mossie

Lovely. :wub: :wub: :wub:  Ties in with the Tracker nicely. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Librarian

Those colours are to die for :wub:. Interesting look with the wingtip tanks too.

Ed S

looks good. Love the paint scheme.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Thanks folks.  When I saw that camo in a magazine I knew I had use it on something.
Fred

DogfighterZen

Beautiful!!  :wub: And i also like the fact that it's armed. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Thanks DfZ.  I was going to hang some cluster bombs under the wings figuring they would be good for clearing the decks of invasion barges.  But in the end I decided not to preferring it cleaner looking with just the Walleyes.
Fred

DogfighterZen

I believe those 2 Walleyes would be enough to send some invaders flippin through the air... :wacko:

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"