BEA Comet, 1963

Started by kitbasher, March 08, 2015, 09:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Finally.....

A build I've been wanting to do for ages (and took far too long to complete).  No specific reason why, just one of things that I needed to get out of my system:

Yes it's the ancient Airfix Comet, OOB.  Resisted the temptation to detail the cockpit, followed the path Wooksta and others take with a 'solid' canopy.

Markings are a mixture of kit (wing registrations, Union Jacks), stock Modeldecal (fuselage registrations) and some very nice 'BEA' logos courtesy of Mr Spackman.

Edit: pictures revised.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Army of One

What a great finish with that old kit........ :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

JayBee

That has really got me chuckling with delight.   :wub: :thumbsup:

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Great to see it at last Dave, it really does look superb!  :thumbsup: :bow:

Will we be getting the BOAC version later?  ;D

That will need slipper tanks on the wings of course......  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Pretty! Just a design experiment or is there a story behind this Comet?

Mossie

See what you did there! :lol:  Very sharp, the scheme suits it. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitbasher

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 08, 2015, 10:54:12 AM
Pretty! Just a design experiment or is there a story behind this Comet?

No.  BEA flew dH.106 Comets so it's just a play on names.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

And the RED wings always look great!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sandiego89

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 08, 2015, 11:24:05 AM
And the RED wings always look great!  :thumbsup:

Yes they do, looks like that bird "marked her territory" quite a bit with all those stains.  And that photo really makes me appreciate how much flap she could deploy. 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Librarian

Designed for high speed luggage reconciliation...when you're in Italy and your knickers are in Spain

Gorgeous . One of my earliest memories is looking out of a plane window at red wings!!

zenrat

Good job on a piece of crap kit.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McColm

Captain Canada

Very nice. Looks even sleeker in those colours. Nice play on names as well. Love that pic you've included. Look at those flaps !

:wub: :cheers: :tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Howard of Effingham

got to do a BOAC one now perhaps kitbasher!  :thumbsup:
Keeper of George the Cat.