Kawanishi N1K1 "Rex" - Baby

Started by zenrat, September 03, 2014, 04:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Another of the aircraft of the Sky Pirates of the Nullarbor Coast.
Baby is the personal aircraft of the Right Honourable Phrances Fisher.  Phrances, Granddaughter of the renowned detective Phrynie Fisher took up Sky Piracy when the life of a socialite began to drag.
Baby is a Kawanishi N1K1 "Rex" built at Tullamarine using manufacturing equipment, tooling, parts and plans seized by the PDRV as part of reparations at the end of WW2.
Kawanishi N1K1 012 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Phrances is proud of baby's appearance and keeps his powder pink paintwork as clean and tidy as possible.  She is particularly proud of her twin 37mm cannon which she had finished in polished aluminium in homage to her Gandmother's favourite gun, her gold plated beretta automatic.
Kawanishi N1K1 007 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Kawanishi N1K1 003 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Kawanishi N1K1 009 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Kawanishi N1K1 002 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Kawanishi N1K1 001 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The kit is one of Hasegawa's myriad of "limited editions".  In this case one of their their Combo sets which contained early and late model planes.
Cannons are from an Academy Stuka.
Paint is Tamiya pink primer and white undercoat - too easy!
Decals are home made.
Pilot figure is once again courtesy of sandiego89 - in this case a fast jet guy was given a makeover to turn him into a her.
Kawanishi N1K1 013 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

sandiego89

Glad to see another aircrew get a lease on life!

Great idea to use the Stuka cannons. :thumbsup: 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Dizzyfugu

BOLD color scheme - but it looks very well! Could come right from a Miyazaki anime, Porco Rosso 2.0, maybe?  :thumbsup:

Captain Canada

That looks awesome ! And the finish ( especially on the pink ! ) is impeccable ! Nice one !

And that spinner is just crying for a contra prop eh ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

pyro-manic

Ohh, that's just lovely.... :wub: A very striking paintjob on a beautiful aircraft! :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

zenrat

Thanks folks.
Capt - the prototypes flew with contra props but they were found to add unnecessary complication and were not used on production models.  The early models still retained the cut back cowling though. 
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

pyro-manic

I'm thinking Sea Fury prop? Or the same sort of streamlined spinner/cowl on a P-47.... :wub:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

PR19_Kit

That looks REALLY good, I'm seriously impressed.  :thumbsup: :bow:

Does the kit come with the beaching gear or did you have to scratch it?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

That one's the kit prop Pyro.  It wouldn't be to difficult to make it a contra prop again - scribe a line and glue on some blades.  It'd also look good with a prototype FW190 prop with the duct.

Kit - Thanks.  The beaching gear comes with it.  It also has a large slug of styrene that goes inside the front of the float to add weight and make it sit right on the trolley.  A nice touch.

Fred

comrade harps

I'm sure that Phrynie would prefer a Hispano-Suiza powerplant, but that's nit picking.

It looks lovely!  :wub:
Whatever.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Fred