My first whiff - F-16W - FINISHED!!

Started by DogfighterZen, August 23, 2014, 09:09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leptiprince

Hi Glad

I do not know if you can find these at home Poducts Asxon Resin F-160 and  Silicone Essil 125+ the dusrcisseur see my site in French http://www.figthingfalcon.eu/moulage.html translate, doing some research on the web you will find informations.

two of my close projects :

DogfighterZen

LP, thank you! I really appreciate it!  :bow: :thumbsup: I'll have a look to see if i can find those products here in Portugal. Probably can but with some other name or brand.
Those 2 on the pics are looking great!   :thumbsup:
On mine, this afternoon i've painted the radome, sensors and a few other bits, tomorrow is the nozzle, which at this stage is a PITA to mask!! :banghead:
I'm going to build this one again with a few changes, i already have all the parts needed, but i wanna build it to a better standard, gear down, open canopy, maybe open the gun bay... :rolleyes:

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

DogfighterZen

Quote from: leptiprince on January 03, 2016, 09:43:07 AM
Hi

The DSI Kit will command than Lonestar in Japan ....http://www.h4.dion.ne.jp/~lonestar/SALE12.htm

look a link https://www.flickr.com/photos/dizzyfugu/23265165972

Yep, that's the page from where i got the email address to make the order, i did have to use google translator... ;D
That's DizzyFugu's AF-16, it's posted here on the site, http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,41504.0.html
Always great stuff from him! :bow:  :thumbsup:

Well, after 2 hours of masking, 5 minutes spraying, and 10 unmasking, a few accidents occurred when removing the tape, also some other bits were scratched before masking too, so i had to spray the blueish mix again to touch up those spots... but this time, i couldn't match the tone so it looks a bit different now...

Still needs some small touch ups here and there but now i ain't gonna change the main color again, next is the nozzle.

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

DogfighterZen

Ok, finally decided what country and markings to use and got all the decals on tonight! :thumbsup:
After 2 and a half years it's coming to a conclusion, after so much that went wrong, i'm really satisfied with what i've achieved. Never thought i'd finish it, let alone be a happy with the result.
All that needs to be done is to give it a good coat of gloss varnish to seal the decals and when it's dry, a coat of matte varnish. The weapons will be added after all is dry, i'm hoping to get it done by Sunday night. Pics as soon as it's finished.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Tophe on January 08, 2016, 10:06:05 PM
Marvelous... :wub:

:thumbsup:

Well, it seems that something always gets in the way... :banghead:
Nearly finished, but i didn't have time for more, this is how thing are at the moment, waiting for the paint shop employees to get back to work tomorrow...:wacko:

Now that this one is almost done, i'll soon be starting not one, but another 2 of these, another single-seat and a twin seat version, both with CFTs and the twin seat with the electronics spine... twin engines are also in study...  :wacko:

Captain Canada

Wow ! Looks good ! Love the shape  :wub: :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 10, 2016, 04:05:53 PM
Wow ! Looks good ! Love the shape  :wub: :cheers:

Thanks, Captain!  :thumbsup:
It always was the shape that i wanted to get right, although i do have some other design ideas i wanna try in future builds.
The twin tail configuration will probably be revised, the engines and intakes, and also a 5th gen Viper derived of the F-16W's Raptor-inspired layout as a "What if Lockheed continued to develop the F-16 design into the JSF"... :wacko:

leptiprince

Super...

I have wanted more details on the output of the reactor is made How modificaton ?

DogfighterZen

Quote from: leptiprince on January 11, 2016, 03:40:32 AM
Super...

I have wanted more details on the output of the reactor is made How modificaton ?

Hi, LP! :thumbsup:
i'm not sure if it's the nozzle on the F-16W you're referring to, if that is the case, it was a made from the kit's part, i cut off the petals of the P&W F100 nozzle and used one of Aires 1/72 F-22 resin nozzles, cut the inside of the nozzle sidewalls, the alignment pins on the petals and glue them inside the kit's nozzle part where the normal petals were. The complete nozzle was then glued to the afterburner chamber, which was then glued to the PE flame holder and engine face that comes in the Aires set. Putty on the outer side of the sidewalls to make it a solid piece, then what i think are the nozzle actuator mechanism's outer seals, which are also PE, cover a small gap that resulted from displaying the closed nozzle as the Aires set is supposed to be displayed open, i believe. The whole assembly was then slid into the joined fuselage halves.
This was then blended into the new rear fuselage with putty.
I don't have pics of the assembly but it should be easy to figure out if you look at pics of the Aires F-22 nozzle set and this pic.

I hope this is what you've meant, and that my explanation helps.
About that profile you've posted, that is a very interesting design! :thumbsup: But i do have a very different vision of a 5th gen Viper... :wacko:

DogfighterZen

Weapons day!! :wacko:

Matte coat and final assembly to be done tomorrow!  :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

Well... after so long, finally got to lay down a good matte coat on the airplane and weapons... I also put on the last decals of the rear canopy framing, and for the first pics, the lightest loadout of what will become a missile truck!! :wacko:
I'll be taking photos of all the configurations, next will be with drop tanks added, after those, the dual missile launchers... :wub:
I'm doing this so i can look back and enjoy the look of it's clean lines... :wub: I'm really happy with how it came out after all the mishaps, my lack of motivation and faith in believing that i would get to do something worth looking at, out of that initial lump of putty... ;D
So, i really hope you guys like my F-16W, after all, it's all your fault!! :wacko:

Well, i guess that's enough for now... More pics soon to come! :thumbsup:

Peace, brodas! :cheers:

steelpillow

Lovely job, as they say not far from here. No smiley can be expressive enough.
Cheers.