Author Topic: The Rat's Nest  (Read 12548 times)

Offline kitnut617

• That's got his tum rumbling already just by the sound of it.
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
Re: The Rat's Nest
« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2018, 06:31:40 am »
...still can't see what the fuss is about if I'm honest

Perhaps because the original 3 were pure escapism, just a bunch of action, a ripping yarn, and easily understood heroes and heroines. That's precisely what Lucas wanted. Then it tried to take itself seriously, and whether it succeeded or not is a matter of personal preference. I like the whole lot, but that's probably because I view almost anything like that as just entertainment, without reading more into it. If you want to view anything through an artistic eye, go ahead, but not me. Probably why I only see about one film a year.  ;D

I think you hit the nail on the head there Dave, all the latest movies all seem to take the originals entertainment factor way to seriously in the remakes or sequels, I used to like the light humour and everything they did back then.  I don't watch any of the remakes or sequels these days
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2018, 07:15:08 am »

Perhaps because the original 3 were pure escapism, just a bunch of action, a ripping yarn, and easily understood heroes and heroines. That's precisely what Lucas wanted. Then it tried to take itself seriously, and whether it succeeded or not is a matter of personal preference. I like the whole lot, but that's probably because I view almost anything like that as just entertainment, without reading more into it. If you want to view anything through an artistic eye, go ahead, but not me. Probably why I only see about one film a year.  ;D

I think you hit the nail on the head there Dave, all the latest movies all seem to take the originals entertainment factor way to seriously in the remakes or sequels, I used to like the light humour and everything they did back then.

Basically my thought processes as well
Decals my @r$e!

Offline Rick Lowe

« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2018, 03:29:50 pm »

I think you hit the nail on the head there Dave, all the latest movies all seem to take the originals entertainment factor way to seriously in the remakes or sequels, I used to like the light humour and everything they did back then.

Basically my thought processes as well

Concur. I've gone off the whole thing, except for a few of the ships.

Ratty, what's the Blue Thing in behind the RNZAF Harvard?

Offline kitnut617

• That's got his tum rumbling already just by the sound of it.
« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2018, 03:57:36 pm »

Ratty, what's the Blue Thing in behind the RNZAF Harvard?

Looks like a Blackburn Roc (or Skua)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Offline The Rat

• Proud Designated Pervert
  • Rivets? We don't count no stinkin' rivets!
    • http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2018, 05:07:22 pm »
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Offline Rick Lowe

« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2018, 05:50:46 pm »
Oh, ok - cool. Hadn't seen it afore.  :thumbsup:

Offline The Rat

• Proud Designated Pervert
  • Rivets? We don't count no stinkin' rivets!
    • http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2018, 12:56:14 pm »
Minor but satisfying modification to the modeling bench; 4 hooks for holding things that can clutter a drawer or desktop.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Offline Rick Lowe

« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2018, 12:30:28 am »
...and easily get lost under the clutter... I know this now...

Good idea there.