Author Topic: Wyvern's over Sarawak  (Read 3864 times)

Offline kitnut617

• That's got his tum rumbling already just by the sound of it.
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
Re: Wyvern's over Sarawak
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 07:31:42 am »
I know its probably a stupid question, but would the wings be folded with the armament still attatched?

I've not found a photo of a Wyvern like that, but there are pics of Sea Furys that way
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
Re: Wyvren's over Sarawak
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 07:45:04 am »
Chris, are those exhaust ducts on your Wyvern the stock Trumpie bits, or are they metal add-ons please? If they are the Trumpie bits how did you get that amazingly shiny metal finish? I have a need to do just that with my Northrop N.63 and have no idea how to do it.

They are the standard Trumpie plastic bits Kit. (I forgot I had the Quickboost resin  :banghead:) Nothing flash with the finish just Citadel Colour's "Bolt Gun Metal". I find their metallic's very good. usually one coat and that's it, plus being acrylics they dry quick
Decals my @r$e!

Offline NARSES2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2013, 07:46:35 am »
I know its probably a stupid question, but would the wings be folded with the armament still attatched?

I've not found a photo of a Wyvern like that, but there are pics of Sea Furys that way

Neither have I seen Wyvren's like that but loads of Sea Furies and some others. So I just stretched the "logic" a little
Decals my @r$e!

Offline PR19_Kit

• Closeted Take That fan
  • What-IF SIG
  • Whiffing since the 70s
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2013, 07:46:50 am »
Thanks Chris, I think I have that paint too, I'll give it a try. And I might get the Quickboost bits too, easier than drilling and filing large sprues!
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Offline kitnut617

• That's got his tum rumbling already just by the sound of it.
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2013, 09:28:14 am »

Neither have I seen Wyvren's like that but loads of Sea Furies and some others. So I just stretched the "logic" a little

I think you're right 'on' with that Chris, they wouldn't be loading up just before the aircraft takes off, they would have them loaded up previously, placed at the rear end of the deck all crammed together with the wings folded, ready for the take-off
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Offline Leading Observer

• Full scale Arrow in basement
  • Observation - The most enduring of life's pleasure
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2013, 03:29:33 pm »

I think you're right 'on' with that Chris, they wouldn't be loading up just before the aircraft takes off, they would have them loaded up previously, placed at the rear end of the deck all crammed together with the wings folded, ready for the take-off

Thanks chaps :thumbsup: I just thought the bombs might put a bit of strain on the folding mechanism
LO

Forewarned is Forearmed

Offline NARSES2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2013, 07:34:33 am »

Thanks chaps :thumbsup: I just thought the bombs might put a bit of strain on the folding mechanism

I very nearly just went with the rockets for that very reason, but I like bombs, so I succumbed  ;D
Decals my @r$e!