Author Topic: Steel Penguins braying  (Read 67401 times)

Offline PR19_Kit

• Closeted Take That fan
  • What-IF SIG
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • Whiffing since the 70s
Re: Steel Penguins braying
« Reply #795 on: February 21, 2018, 07:40:46 am »
I'll be at Cosford this weekend, during a visit with my #2 daughter (Did you know she was the RAF's............Oh, I told you already, OK) and I'll follow you in taking pics of the EAP. I've had a Pegasus one since the dawn of time and it's time I did something with it.
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Offline zenrat

• What Would Deadpool Do?
« Reply #796 on: February 22, 2018, 03:03:52 am »
Back from Cosi.
I must do a TSR-2 in a JASDF  scheme either one of the modern blue / grey ones.  Or something like the computer game scheme with a giant character across the wing tops and tail ( similar to the cobra helo gunships from this link (   https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&biw=1822&bih=1012&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=hYSNWumjHdCtgAbchbbwCA&q=4th+anti+tank+helicopter&oq=4th+anti+tank+helicopter&gs_l=psy-ab.3...3657.12563.0.12898.20.18.2.0.0.0.138.1488.13j5.18.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.8.713...0i24k1.0.XrVnVmZgpmU     )

Anyone do a decal sheet for those in 1/72?  I've had a look on HLJ which seemed the obvious place but no joy.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

"...the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.

Offline Steel Penguin

• What-IF SIG
« Reply #797 on: February 22, 2018, 10:40:24 am »
Zenrat, for the cobras, I have no idea at all  :banghead: I would hope so, really hope so  it would wind up the joyless numptys no end.. especially as its a real scheme  :wacko:
Redone 19/08/15  the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady added 07/10/18   take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances.   wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront

Offline zenrat

« Reply #798 on: February 23, 2018, 01:56:00 am »
I've had a better look now.
I found these.

But no-one appears to do an aftermarket decal sheet.
Shame.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

"...the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.

Offline Steel Penguin

• What-IF SIG
« Reply #799 on: February 23, 2018, 01:41:19 pm »
ohh poot. :angry:
hasagawa and limited edition,  that's an arm, leg and a kidney, and no mention of scale either.  and a quick look at hobbylink japan brings up nothing.  :banghead:

I will have to continue looking for something for the TSR though
Redone 19/08/15  the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady added 07/10/18   take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances.   wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront

Offline Steel Penguin

• What-IF SIG
« Reply #800 on: February 23, 2018, 02:09:48 pm »
and a trawl through the hasa web site brings nothing up as well, either a current or retired

however there is a review of the double pack on the IPMS USA site of the double pack, 1:72 and $53   when got ( april 2013)   https://web.ipmsusa3.org/content/ah-1s-cobra-chopper-20112012-kisarazu-special.

Offline zenrat

« Reply #801 on: February 24, 2018, 04:54:34 am »
There are some of the Cobras on Evil-Bay.
Don't look if you are easilly offended.
Fred

Offline Steel Penguin

• What-IF SIG
« Reply #802 on: February 24, 2018, 05:07:11 am »
not even going to  :banghead:  I dread to think the price.
I will have to talk to a couple of folks I know who run shops, see if they can get any ideas,  but im mainly a 48th modeller so im fairly safe.  :o

Offline Steel Penguin

• What-IF SIG
« Reply #803 on: March 04, 2018, 09:07:02 am »
some time earlier I mentioned the purchase of a 1:48 chieftain, for conversion into a bridging tank, and that I couldn't find the revel bridge tank that id got for the job, re found it today  :thumbsup:  in a box on top of the wardrobe so that's come out for later.  :lol:
im still sanding bits, but its going rather more slowly than it was.
and my mind is still pin wheeling of into other directions
I must try and crack on with things.   :banghead:

Offline zenrat

« Reply #804 on: March 05, 2018, 03:44:00 am »
...my mind is still pin wheeling of into other directions

I know the problem. 

Must...finish...builds...before...starting...more...
Fred

Offline scooter

« Reply #805 on: March 05, 2018, 05:21:42 am »
...my mind is still pin wheeling of into other directions

I know the problem. 

Must...finish...builds...before...starting...more...

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

Oh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Offline Steel Penguin

• What-IF SIG
« Reply #806 on: April 08, 2018, 11:01:49 am »
managed to sell 3 unwanted kits to day at Cosford,  had a wonder round, but nothing caught my eye so left a show with more money that I arrived with  :o  ;D
had a good chin wag with some of the guys, and we had a good few of the punters leave with a smile on their faces, so win  :thumbsup:   a few did miss ID, Kits flying wing but we were able to correct them  :wacko:
need to do a little tidying up of the things I took for display, but no real trouble.

think I may have recharged my modelling mojo, so possibly "avantie" and onwards

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #807 on: April 09, 2018, 05:50:05 am »

think I may have recharged my modelling mojo, so possibly "avantie" and onwards

I find that can be one of the best things you get from a show  :thumbsup: Although it has to be said Telford can leave you shattered :sleepy:
Decals my @r$e!

Offline Steel Penguin

• What-IF SIG
« Reply #808 on: April 09, 2018, 10:41:14 am »
Narses  I find that with Telford, I fall in to a "weirdly energised " state  the mind bubbles with thought, wile my feet want to drop off due to the floor ( that concrete floor is one of the hardest ive ever walked on)  and because I am close to home I don't suffer from not my bed syndrome, so sleep well

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #809 on: April 10, 2018, 05:52:50 am »
Narses  I find that with Telford, I fall in to a "weirdly energised " state  the mind bubbles with thought, wile my feet want to drop off due to the floor ( that concrete floor is one of the hardest ive ever walked on)  and because I am close to home I don't suffer from not my bed syndrome, so sleep well

Yup, that floor is a bit on the old tootsies  :banghead:  I find the journey there and back now adds to my tiredness and is one reason why I'm thinking of travelling up on the Thursday this year.
Decals my @r$e!