1/350 scale USS Solace LHD Amphibious Hospital Ship

Started by seadude, July 28, 2012, 08:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

seadude

Thanks for the compliments, guys.  :lol:  There's a few things I wished I could have done better. But for now, it is what it is. The lighting for the well deck and upper vehicle deck is still there and still works. But whether or not I turn it on at a contest for others to see, I don't know. How well the model lighting is visible depends on how well lit the contest venue room is. If the room is too bright, then the model lights won't show up that much at all. If the room has lower lighting levels, then there may be a better chance of seeing the model lighting.
Pics of the model lighting can be found on earlier pages of this thread. 
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.

Captain Canada

Wow. Words can't describe the awesomeness ! Love it. The Hueys and the LARCs are my favourite of the vehicles  :wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Now this is a piece of work... so many little things to look at... Excellent!! :bow: :bow:

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

seadude

Decided to add a little extra display to my hospital ship. I am going to create a second 7" x 7" display of LCAC's and aircraft to display in front of my hospital ship model. Whether this extra display will replace or be added to, the other landing craft and vehicle display I built earlier, I don't know.
For now, the extra smaller display I am making will showcase an alternative white paint scheme for the landing craft and/or aircraft. I may end up putting both landing craft displays in front of my hospital ship model at future contests just to show different alternative options. The helicopter will be suspended on a thin rod above and between the 2 LCAC's.

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

seadude

Captain Canada

Very cool ! And good point, they may be all white if operated by the civy side.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

seadude

Thanks for the compliments, guys. :)  I'm anxiously awaiting to see if I get a Whiffie for this whole project.  ;D

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"