Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

Gotta agree with Cap'n C...... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Me too. Looks very, very good.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Hobbes

Last week I attached the engines to the fuselage, and today I painted them. Turns out, that's the wrong order. The front of the engines is just above the wing and impossible to reach with an airbrush.
There are a few more spots where aerodynamics makes it hard to put down some paint, so when it's dry I'll have to see if they're acceptable.

PR19_Kit

How about using old technology, like a brush?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Hobbes

The engines needed to be painted white, and in my experience it's difficult to get a nice, even coat in that color with a brush.

NARSES2

Quote from: Hobbes on May 05, 2013, 11:42:39 AM
The engines needed to be painted white, and in my experience it's difficult to get a nice, even coat in that color with a brush.

Yup, it's one of those problem colours for us brush painters
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 06, 2013, 01:23:12 AM
Quote from: Hobbes on May 05, 2013, 11:42:39 AM

Yup, it's one of those problem colours for us brush painters

Think airbushes......
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

PR19_Kit

Quote from: lancer on May 06, 2013, 09:46:48 AM
Think airbushes......

He's already done that and it didn't work....

There's room for both paint applicators in any modeller's armoury surely?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Hobbes

I checked yesterday, and I think I got away with it. There are some badly-covered spots on the aft end of the engines, but I can paint that section in NMF.

Vlamgat

Hobbes

It's still alive, just not much to report at the moment. I've sourced a Dragon kit which includes a section of flight deck to display it on, painting and preparations for decals continue slowly but surely.

Hobbes

I've painted the leading edges and the rear section of the engines, plus a coat of Glosscote.

jsport

Hobbes

I've finally finished this:

It's mostly the Revell Fokker 100 kit, decals are from the OzMods C-2 conversion set, flight deck is from the Dragon F-18.

PR19_Kit

That looks the BUSINESS Harro! I love it.  :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:

Regards
Kit