WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

kreamyfugu? :unsure:

I'd be worried, too! :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 01, 2016, 07:48:10 AM
kreamyfugu? :unsure:

I'd be worried, too! :o

A bit scary... :o

Anyway, another find on alternathistory.org: a jet-powered Fw 190 conversion.

The landing gear appears a bit fishy (the length is a little inconsistent...) and I'd have doubt concerning the stabilizers durability in this overall layout, but I like the concept a lot.

zenrat

Man thats ugly.
But in a good way.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Yup. That thing has the appeal of a car accident - you cannot take your eyes of of it, and once it's out of sight you're happy you were not involved. But it has a certain wicked charm.  ;)

Flyer

I really like it! :thumbsup:

Noticed the one in the art looks like it has a standard 190 wing, not like the 3 view.
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

ericr

Tophe

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 03, 2016, 03:29:13 AM
another find on alternathistory.org: a jet-powered Fw 190 conversion.
Great! It would make a great square: Fw-190TL/Fw-190D + Bf-109TL/Bf-109G... :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

dumaniac

Dizzyfugu

Stumbled across this neat Canadian Nimrod... Very nice!  :wub:

PR19_Kit

I think I know that FS2004 Nimrod model, and it flies pretty well too.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Pretty cool, I like it! I want to do something similar on an H-4 Herc (Spruce Goose).  I figure that big boy would make one hell of a fire bomber. 
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Speaking of firebombers, we know from ST IV:The Voyage Home that a Klingon Bird of Prey can carry enough water to house a Humpback whale.  That give you any ideas Brad?
;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Quote from: zenrat on December 08, 2016, 12:29:47 AM
Speaking of firebombers, we know from ST IV:The Voyage Home that a Klingon Bird of Prey can carry enough water to house a Humpback whale.  That give you any ideas Brad?
;D

HO-LEE-CHIT... Hmmmmmm... That it does, now! As my Atomic Coffee kicks in the the gears start to smoke.. . .   ;D :o ;D

"Thar be Whifs, here!" 

-Sprues McDuck-

scooter

And no need for complicated scoop systems.  Just beam the water you need into the holding tanks (made from transparent aluminium, at 1" thick)
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rick Lowe

Quote from: scooter on December 08, 2016, 09:12:24 AM
And no need for complicated scoop systems.  Just beam the water you need into the holding tanks (made from transparent aluminium, at 1" thick)

And no need for any doors or other holes... beam the water in a lump over the hot bit/s...