1/48 Buccaneer Swedish AF Markings

Started by JET-DOG, January 21, 2012, 03:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JET-DOG

Hi Folks,

Built this one a couple of years back, and having seen some of the fine builds on here I've been thinking of getting back to building something. This one is the Airfix kit from the box with aftermarket intakes and Two Bobs decals. I've got another mostly built but can't decide on a scheme, any ideas? Thanks!

PR19_Kit

Now THAT'S a veritable gem!  :thumbsup: :bow:

Darned if I'd have thought of that one at all. At first I thought you'd mounted Rb04 anti-shipping missiles under the inboard pylons, the black noses on the tanks look just like them. Was that intentional?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

What an entrance.....!!! Great build n great paint job.....welcome to the madhouse.... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

TallEng

Lovely Banana jet.  :thumbsup:  :wub:

What did you do to the slipper tanks? and have you tweaked the nose radome as well?

How about USAF Vietnam style camouflage for the next one, or RAF SEA brown/green with SEA Roundels?

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

JET-DOG

Thanks for the warm welcome!

The tanks are actually the ones that come with the kit for the MK50 South African version, the radome is standard. Not sure why I painted the front of the tanks black, I think that it just seemed like a good idea at the time! I can see the RB04 link, it would probably look good with a couple of those. Thanks for the scheme ideas Keith, I'll look those up now.

Colin

Martin H

ooooohhhhhh now that is very nice.

welcome abord :)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

NARSES2

Quote from: JET-DOG on January 22, 2012, 02:21:01 AM
Not sure why I painted the front of the tanks black, I think that it just seemed like a good idea at the time!
Colin

As good a reason as any  ;D. Stunning entrance  :thumbsup:, wellcome aboard
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Lovely piece of work - welcome indeed!  :thumbsup:

As for your other one, how about German Marineflieger or with Italian AMI with Kormorans as an alternative to their Starfighters? Anybody with a big sea area to defend could justify the Bucc if they had enough money: Danish ("tatty" green scheme)? Norwegian with Penguins (not sure if you can get them in 1/48th, mind..)? Portuguese in place of their Corsairs? Japanese in a Mitsubishi F1 scheme (take your pick: they're all gorgeous)?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

nebnoswal

cheers
Ben of Oz

Old Wombat

Sweet! :thumbsup:

And the shark, although distinctly there, also blents into the camouflage, too! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

JET-DOG

Many thanks for the nice comments and the great ideas for the next one, better get on with it I guess!

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

tc2324

Absolutely stunning and welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

McColm

The Rat

As fine as the Bucc is, it's even better with Swedish camo!  :wub:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr