Bluewater launchers

Started by rickshaw, January 02, 2012, 05:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

Two new models.  Bluewater as it was designed to be - launched from the back of a truck!

Bedford RL truck launcher:

Stalwart mounted:

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Like the Stalwart one in particular  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Good work Brian. :party: :party: :party:

Like what you've done to the rear of the Stolly, I was considering extended the rear but had decided not to.  I'll think about this again, hopefully I'll have my pair done in the first quarter of this year.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

TsrJoe

ooh very nice indeed, those look cool  :thumbsup:, heres hoping you do the Landy control vehicle to go with the Bedford launcher  :bow:
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

rickshaw

Quote from: TsrJoe on January 02, 2012, 08:52:06 AM
ooh very nice indeed, those look cool  :thumbsup:, heres hoping you do the Landy control vehicle to go with the Bedford launcher  :bow:

Soon.  I'm also intending to do a diorama with the gunner's theodolite.

rickshaw

Quote from: Mossie on January 02, 2012, 08:49:24 AM
Good work Brian. :party: :party: :party:

Like what you've done to the rear of the Stolly, I was considering extended the rear but had decided not to.  I'll think about this again, hopefully I'll have my pair done in the first quarter of this year.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks.

I worked out that if I was to have the erecting arm far enough back for the missile fins to clear the vehicle it would look dangerously over-extended so I felt it was best if I extended the rear of the vehicle and put the levelling jacks there.  I also added a folding travel lock for the missile, which the drawing you posted looks like it really needs!

Weaver

Nice one (or two)!   :thumbsup:

Are the base vehicles diecasts, metal kits or resin ones?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

rickshaw

Metal, from B.W. Models - http://www.bwmodels.co.uk/

Reasonable quality but the Bedford require more work than I liked.   The Stalwart went together easier than I thought it would.

buzzbomb

Works for me.

Never built or seen many BW Models kits. Look nice enough though. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: