OK, one down; one to go. This one had MAJOR paint malfunction--the gloss paint I used was old (what ISN'T?), and the "drier" in it has failed. That is, if you hold and squeeze the car, fingerprints will be embedded in the paint, even after a week of drying (Sigh). I can't UN-do it without ruining the puttywork and glasswork. So I am telling my brother (for whom it is being built) he can pick it up gingerly, but not to hold onto it.
There is a dressed-to-the-nines gal sitting in the back seat, as if her chauffeur has run into Louis Vuitton to pick up the $10,000 purse she had ordered (no kidding--I was looking in a Louis Vuitton store in Nice, France, and the purse in the window had a price tag of USD-equivalent $10,000).
The Cadillac Brougham (RW project) has had its share of glitches, mainly fragility and "breaking" along the cut seams when handling. **JUST** when I think that the putty-ed cuts are ready to paint, the lines fracture. I have had to put in internal supports, and I think I am ready for final painting, now.
The pic below illustrates a "clever" idea I had. The Caddy had a grillework that reminded me of some fine brass screen I had. If you are looking at the illustration, put your finger in front of your face, covering the bumper, then move the finger toward your eyes until your finger just completely covers the bumper. THAT is how small this all is!!! I have painted the grille background black, so I think when I put the carefully-cut silver-painted screen over it, it will highly resemble the original real grille. Cross my GIGANTIC fingers!
I will post pics of the finished products side-by-side, but these will have to do for now.