Heavy fighter Marton X/V

Started by slava_trudu, May 31, 2009, 03:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slava_trudu

Hi!
This is my old work (Feb/2006) - Hungarian experimenthal heavy fighter Marton X/V, from RS Models - Resin kit 1/72 + some scratchbuild detals

[

I hope you like it.
Thanks for looking.

My model blog

https://vk.com/slava_trudu_models
best regards
Alexander
[aka slava-trudu]

Hobbes

Hm, I'd never heard of this before. Looks a bit like 2 Bf-109 noses jammed together...

tigercat2

It looks great!!  From what I found on the Web, it looks like a real what if; proposed in 1943 but never built.

Wes W.

GTX

Quote from: Hobbes on May 31, 2009, 05:37:40 AM
Hm, I'd never heard of this before. Looks a bit like 2 Bf-109 noses jammed together...

Ditto.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

slava_trudu

Yes, this real What If:

"In 1943 the Marton XV-01 was developed as a heavy fighter. The twin-boomed tricycle gear design was designed to use two DB 605 engines, one tractor and one pusher. It was to be armed with a 30mm engine-mounted cannon, two heavy machine guns in the cowling, and additional cannons in the wing roots and boom leading edges. This would make for a very heavy hitting aircraft. The aircraft was to have an ejection seat, designed on a twin rail system powered by a spring. In 1944, the fuselage and wing structure were completed, but they were destroyed in an Allied bombing raid in April 1944."

Chris Banyai-Riepl
http://www.internetmodeler.com/2005/march/first-looks/rs_marton.php
best regards
Alexander
[aka slava-trudu]

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Green Dragon

Excellent build! :thumbsup:
First heard about this design a few months ago, very nice looking machine. :wub:

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

sequoiaranger

Sure looks like a cross between a Saab J-21 and a Fokker D.23 but with German engines!

Sure can't fault the nice finish work! Good Job!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

philp

Love this design and the build is fantastic.

Definately going to get a nomination for the Whiffies.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Taiidantomcat

Amazing job, excellent model of a very unique subject  :ph34r:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sideshowbob9

Excellent build and I really like the camo  :thumbsup:

Maverick

Brilliant stuff ST, certainly looks the part.  The composite photo is very well done also.

Regards,

Mav

NARSES2

I've got this kit in the stash and all I can say is that it's not a bad kit but this is a fantastic build - gorgeous  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Didn't know anything about this aircraft, at first I thought you'd bashed a Fokker D.XXIII with a pair of 109's.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

HOG

Quote from: philp on May 31, 2009, 09:59:57 AM
Love this design and the build is fantastic.

Definately going to get a nomination for the Whiffies.

2nded
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )