Author Topic: Wingnut Wings  (Read 5606 times)

Offline Snowtrooper

• Makes own decals
Re: Wingnut Wings
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2018, 12:18:29 am »
My question is - which movie I wonder this model has been created to appear in? You all know of course the close association between Mr. Jackson, his movie company and Wingnut Models, I take it?   :banghead:
Most likely for the proposed remake of The Dambusters. PJ attempted to get it off the ground twice but in both instances couldn't secure the financing. At least this way they could recover some of the wasted preproduction costs.

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2018, 06:09:01 am »
My question is - which movie I wonder this model has been created to appear in? You all know of course the close association between Mr. Jackson, his movie company and Wingnut Models, I take it?   :banghead:
Most likely for the proposed remake of The Dambusters. PJ attempted to get it off the ground twice but in both instances couldn't secure the financing. At least this way they could recover some of the wasted preproduction costs.

Yup I knew he'd made one attempt to remake it, shame he couldn't get the finance.
Decals my @r$e!

Offline Weaver

• I'm either dumb or evil - you decide.....
  • What-IF SIG
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2018, 04:18:42 pm »
Wasn't Stephen Fry involved in the early stages of one of those projects?
Neophyte: Is Eris true?
Malaclypse the Younger: Everything is true.
Neo: Even false things?
MtY: Even false things are true.
Neo: How can that be?
MtY: I don't know man, I didn't do it.
Principia Discordia

Twitter: @hws5mp
www.minds.com: @HaroldWeaverSmith

Offline NARSES2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2018, 01:46:58 am »

No idea mate
Decals my @r$e!

Offline zenrat

• What Would Deadpool Do?
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2018, 03:04:10 am »

No idea mate

That rings a bell.

<googles>

In 2015 The Independent reported that Stephen Fry was to write the screenplay.  It also reported that Jackson had 10 replica Lancs built in New Zealand...
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/the-dam-busters-will-peter-jacksons-remake-of-the-iconic-film-ever-get-off-the-ground-10440966.html
Fred

Another ill conceived, poorly thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

"...the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.

Offline KiwiZac

• The Zac Attack is Back!
  • aka K5054NZ, proud Whiffer since 2005
    • Zac on Facebook
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2018, 06:53:00 pm »
I believe the first Lanc was built here, the rest in China. All ten - plus a Wellington and Mosquito - are in storage somewhere in NZ.
I find it very hard to believe Academy would make a mistake like that he said sarcastically...

Offline NARSES2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2018, 06:27:16 am »
I've been having a good look at the Junkers D.1 I got at SMW and all I can say is WOW  :o

The instruction booklet is like a reference book on the type and you really, really do need to read through it carefully before starting and perhaps even take notes...there may be a test afterwards  ;)

I really like the way they name the parts you are fitting, so for someone like me who has zero mechanical knowledge I will actually know what part of the engine I am in the process of fitting  :thumbsup: Shades of the 60's before everyone went global.

There are four cables inside the cockpit and you are not only told what they are for, but what size wire you will need in order to replicate them, if you so choose. There is very little rigging on the Junkers and they give you some tips of how to replicate it with the interesting note that they don't recommend you try to produce the turnbuckles. Bit of a rebuff to all these aftermarket producers who do a whole swathe of them in 1/32 and 1/48 !

I'm not going to even think of starting this until I have gathered all the paints and all the little extras, like wire and some thin steel rod, that I need and then I'm going to sit down and enjoy it.

They really do look as though they deserve the reputation they have and I may treat myself to their "other" Junkers as that doesn't have much rigging either  ;)
Decals my @r$e!

Offline Flyer

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2018, 07:48:29 am »
Wingnut Wings is IIRC owned by Peter Jackson of Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit fame.

It is. WW1 aircraft are a passion of his. ISTR that he's also involved in making 1:1 replicas &/or doing restorations of original aircraft, too.

I'd like to see him do a WWI air battle.

Anyone seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq9c78qsExU

I like what I think is a Bowers Fly Baby or Warner Spacewalker done up to look like a German monoplane of some sort.  &lt;_&lt;
Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. -Robert A. Heinlein