IAI T-270 Drowr (Super Magister)

Started by Weaver, November 30, 2008, 01:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Okay, 'tis done (except maybe for a coat of shiny on the nacelles). Here are some quick'n'dirties : I intend some MUCH better photography with this honey, so I'll do a proper write-up then.

Got a name for it too: IAI T-270 "Drowr" which (I HOPE) means "Swallow" or "Swift". If anyone's got enough Hebrew to check that, I'd be much obliged: I'm always nervous about messing in languages I don't speak......

All comments, suggestions, criticisms, abuse etc... welcome as always........

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Zeke

Very neat...good colours for a show bird as well... :thumbsup:
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Vulcan7

That's a beauty Weaver, ACE build, great colours & tail, especially :ph34r: :thumbsup: :tornado:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

ChernayaAkula

Fantastic evolution of the Magister!  :bow: Looks very believable.  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Weaver

Cheers folks - I wasn't sure about the blue nacelles at first, but now I think they break up the big "blob" of white in the middle rather well and make it look slimmer.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quick question: can anybody/everybody else still see the pics on this thread? I'd assumed they'd be Botophucked, but they're still showing up for me... :unsure:

- Indiana Jones

JayBee

Yep, Pics are still visible to me.

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

How odd, still, I'm not going to complain...

Anyway, the point of reviving this thread is that there's a What If GB on Twitter, running for the month of April, and since I promote What If over there every chance I get, I can't really not enter. I wanted something that's more than a paint job, but on the other hand, it can't be too long and involved given the tight deadline and my abysmal work/concentration rate. So my idea is to do the long-awaited (and nearly forgotten about) improved version of the Drowr, using two-piece Matchbox G-91Y wings instead of one-piece Airfix G-91R ones, which will enable me to cut out the new undercarriage bays and put it on it's wheels. I think I might also make it a single-seater, but with a box in the back instead of a different canopy (L-159 style) so that it can have Mb-326K-style guns to go with it's cammo and stores.

Not sure where to sell it to. It's an Israeli project, so Honduras, El Salvador, Columbia or Sri Lanka spring to mind as places that have bought Israeli planes and have/had/might have a COIN requirement. Hmmm.....

- Indiana Jones

JayBee

Why not do it as an IAI/Israeli demonstrator. Part Israeli camo, part civilian. Big 4X-*** registration letters, but with lots of lethal stuff hanging under the wings.
:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Dizzyfugu

Honduras would receive my vote. Either in the Ouragan three-tone cammo, or the later SMB2 triple-grey-allover scheme (and then with some day-glo markings as a tariner, though).

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

Weaver

Okay, weirder and weirder: I'm now getting the last set of pics Botophucked, but not the rest.... :unsure: I wonder if maybe PB reacts to how much traffic a pic's getting before blocking it, so only the last ones have gone over the limit? Oh well, don't know and don't care - here's a selection of the photos re-uploaded via Flickr:

- Indiana Jones