Elizabethan Spitfire: the vengeance of ysi_maniac

Started by ysi_maniac, September 04, 2008, 09:22:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

;D I see that you are a bad gang that do not vote enough to my Anachronistic GB ;D

:wacko: So I will submit a fantasy Spitfire in Elizabethan colours, ready to confront Philip II forces (still in study) :wacko:
he he he he he

:cheers:
Will die without understanding this world.

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Daryl J.

.............Ok..... :blink:   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

We're waiting!   

Daryl J., with a happy weekend chuckle

nev

"I may have body of a weak and frail woman, but I have the stomach of a King!  And a king of England too!  And I think it foul scorn that Parma or Spain, or any prince of Europe, should dare to invade the borders of my realms"

:)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

The Rat

Ah! Sir Philip Sidney. 'Tis good to see thee on these shores again. Hast thou come to fly our Spitfires at those Spanish galleons?
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

ysi_maniac

Quote from: The Rat on September 06, 2008, 07:41:52 PM
Spanish galleons

Currently considering a Dora or Thunderbolt, with floats in both cases :mellow:

Radish

An Elizabethan Spitfire has to have Black and White colouring, surely.

How about a Thatched "Rufe" :wacko:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

sequoiaranger

Since those in Elizabethan times weren't as savvy on air resistance, might you put the Elizabethan Spitfire's radiator AROUND the cowling, painted white,  like one of those neck ruffles common to the era?  :wacko:

THEN, paint the Spit like a rich, brocaded coat with patterns, gold lace, etc.

'Course, you would have to include a paint with a body stench, too, as bathing was virtually taboo (or was that just the Victorian era?).
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Leigh

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: The Rat on September 09, 2008, 04:53:35 AM
Quote from: Radish on September 09, 2008, 12:17:52 AMHow about a Thatched "Rufe" :wacko:

Coffee on the keyboard!  ;D :thumbsup:

Terry that is simply inspired !

Ratty, my coffee, has joined yours  :blink:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Jetfixer

Quote from: Leigh on September 10, 2008, 06:07:38 PM
don't forget the codpiece!

Methinks the fishing wars against the Spanish Marauders may be taking a rather kinky twist  :o :thumbsup:

Bestest.

G
i'm not here, i'm a figment of someones imagination

ysi_maniac

ysi_maniac

Looking for inspiration to paint her :blink:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Francis-drake-galleon-southwark-london-uk.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Brixham.hind.750pix.jpg

Please, help me with suggestions, profiles, comments, etc...

Brian da Basher

Either one of those ships paintjobs would fit the bill, Carlos. If you wanted to use the last one, perhaps an overall black scheme with the colored bits on the leading edge of the wings and tail and maybe on top the fuselage?
:cheers:
Brian da Basher