P-47 SuperBolt

Started by John Howling Mouse, February 08, 2008, 05:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluntie

I think its the spinner thats doing it for me, its the finnishing touch that realy shows off the elongated profile,
brilliant stuff Baz ,just bloody brilliant!
my hovercraft is full of eels

sotoolslinger

Not just the best model(s) you've ever built. The best models anyone has ever built. :wub: :wub: :wub: :bow: :bow: :bow:
And in case someone dosen't remember he got the concept from a bad photo :banghead: :banghead:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

ysi_maniac

Yeah: Whiffing elevated to the category of science and art :wub: :bow: :bow: :wub: :bow: :bow:
Will die without understanding this world.

Weaver

What else can I add - that is utterly gorgeous!   :wub: :wub: :wub:

The photo base is a killer idea too :bow: :bow: :bow:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

bexwh773

Thats er rather good isnt it :bow:  Took me a hile to plow through 18 pages but it was worth it  :bow:  I think we can say Barry, that you might be a teeny weeny bit bonkers  :thumbsup:

Bex
Becky aka Bex

wolfik

wow! the results are awesome John!!!!!! the idea with the photo under the aircraft is allways good as I can see.
my superbolt is stil in my stash...no time these weeks :-(
but its good to see your projects goes forward :)
awaiting the other S-Bolts !
congratulations Mr.BIG (Sex&the city is in tv again...)

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: BlackOps on July 15, 2008, 09:23:39 PM
Love the photo base, a perfect display for a gorgeous model!  :thumbsup:   Also like the photo editing....click, click, click, double click..damn!  :banghead:   ;D

Thanks everybody.  My biggest thrill was finally being able to share with you all.  Wait til you see the ground version.

BlackOps: the funny thing is the edited pics were done the old fashioned way as I hadn't yet received your answer that solved my object-clipping dilemma.  The background you see was done the old-fashioned way: I painted around the existing airplane in the photo!  On the in-flight version, all the hokey clouds you see below the airplane are handpainted in Corel to take out the trees and the acrylic rod, etc.  Heh, heh: always gotta do it the hard way.  But, now that you've shown me how to properly clip the objects...look out!   :drink:

Bex: I do believe you're onto something with your assessment (she catches on quick!)   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

jcf

Very nice Barry, very nice indeed.

Jon

frank2056

Barry, I just remembered all the epoxy putty you put in the nose. And then you put on an aluminum coat! It's not just a wonderful model overall, but it's the little details like that make it even better.

Rafael

Amazing, Baz!!! :thumbsup:

That metal finish is superb, and the sleekness of those birds is a touch of deadly glamour for the lumbering Jug.

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

John Howling Mouse

Thanks to everybody for looking.  Lady and Gentlemen, here is the second SuperBolt (the one with the AA rockets posed on the ground).  Hope you enjoy the pics as much as I enjoy sharing them.

John Howling Mouse

More pics with a second background:

And, if you prefer tarmac-only shots:

Shot from underneath:

John Howling Mouse

And the obligatory "how did he take those photos?" aka the humble photography base (I made a new frame to accommodate various foamcore-mounted images):

sotoolslinger

Well heck Barry .....um I was gonna say something..... uuummm it was good ... oh yeah , I hate you ;D :mellow: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :cheers: :party: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Freak :blink:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Weaver

Jeeeeeez.......... :blink:

Those are a better definition of the phrase "sex with wings" than an angel on stage in a strip joint.  :wub: :wub: :wub:

Just awesome - don't know about anybody else, but I'm sure as Hell not worthy.... :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '