Author Topic: Seen Over Your House Today  (Read 477874 times)

Offline rickshaw

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
Re: Seen Over Your House Today
« Reply #5115 on: June 13, 2018, 11:51:25 pm »
On the path towards recovery I convince SWMBO to take me to the local beach this morning for some sun and air.

While sitting in the car, I observed a pair of RAAF Pilatus PC-9s flying southwards.   I then observed about 10 minutes later a pair of RAAF Hawk 121s flying northwards.   Must be th start of a new training course for pilots at RAAF Pearce about 30 Km inland from here.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Offline PR19_Kit

• Closeted Take That fan
  • What-IF SIG
  • Whiffing since the 70s
« Reply #5116 on: June 14, 2018, 02:09:46 am »

On the path towards recovery I convince SWMBO to take me to the local beach this morning for some sun and air.

While sitting in the car, I observed a pair of RAAF Pilatus PC-9s flying southwards.   I then observed about 10 minutes later a pair of RAAF Hawk 121s flying northwards.   Must be th start of a new training course for pilots at RAAF Pearce about 30 Km inland from here.

I hope that did you good Brian.  :thumbsup:
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Offline AeroplaneDriver

• Not licensed to do this sort of thing
  • What-IF SIG
  • Busy repainting the Jetstream in Red Arrows colors
« Reply #5117 on: June 14, 2018, 08:32:39 am »
Just home from a quick mini-vacation on the NC coast, not far from Cherry Point and New River MCAS and just a tad further from Seymour Johnson AFB.  Saw quite a few F-15Es, and Harriers zipping around, but they just don't do the low level stuff over the coast they used to do.  Everything I saw was in the 10-15,000 range.  Back at the same beach as a kid I would see A-4s and A-6s down below 1,000 routinely. 

I did get a few pics of gate guards and an Osprey taking off in the distance...

USMC Osprey taking off in the distance.  Sorry for the poor quality.

Marine A-6 standing guard over a Hampton Inn.  Again, sorry for poor quality, these were taken from the car.

Marine AV-8A near the Cherry Point entrance.  This is not the official base gate guard I don't think...that is an AV-8B right at the gate...this is the one maintained by the Town of Havelock I think. 

And finally, not an aerial machine, but thought you chaps may appreciate it....The Space Shuttle Challenger Commander was from Beaufort, NC.  There is a nice little memorial to him on the waterfront, and the local airport is named for him. 

Don't move!  You're surrounded by armed bastards!

Why petril not burn?

Offline kitnut617

• That's got his tum rumbling already just by the sound of it.
« Reply #5118 on: June 14, 2018, 04:11:38 pm »
Watched a C-17 land at YYC this afternoon, not sure of the operator though ----
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Offline rickshaw

« Reply #5119 on: June 14, 2018, 10:34:05 pm »

Thanks, mate.  It was a good morning.  I was buggered afterwards but it was good to get out.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Online zenrat

• Not on the rug, man!
« Reply #5120 on: June 15, 2018, 04:09:50 am »

Thanks, mate.  It was a good morning.  I was buggered afterwards but it was good to get out.

Good to hear it.  Small steps.  That's the way.
 :thumbsup:
Fred

Let's make Victoria great again.

Another ill conceived, poorly thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IMELBOUR261

Online NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5121 on: June 15, 2018, 06:33:19 am »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good to hear it.  Small steps.  That's the way.
 :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Absolutely, glad you were able to get out and enjoy it.
Decals my @r$e!

Offline Rheged

• Growing older is inevitable, growing up isn't!
« Reply #5122 on: June 15, 2018, 09:20:04 am »
TO BE SEEN OVER MY HOUSE  ON 30TH JUNE, SUBJECT TO WEATHER

30th June is Leominster Armed Forces Day.  There should be, always subject to weather, a flypast at 4:00pm  of "military aircraft".  Might be worth looking out for.  Recently there was a pair of Mustangs at the local field (Shobdon)  and a Tiger Moth in camouflage lives there.   I'm away in the Orkney Islands  on that date, so I'll miss it!   
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Offline Doug K

• Kitbasher
« Reply #5123 on: June 15, 2018, 10:08:31 am »
No photos because I was driving but 2 Typhoons seem to be wanting get done for speeding on the A9 near Dalwhinnie in the Highlands today. Maybe they forgot a map as they followed the road’s curves through the mountains? Not flat out by any means, but somewhat above the 60mph limit!

Offline Nils

• Belgium's "Iceman"
  • Za Rodina!!!
« Reply #5124 on: June 15, 2018, 12:30:25 pm »
came home from work at lunchtime, just as i got home i saw an all whitle Airbus Helicopters H175 fly over heading for the coastline.
tuns out it was on its way from the Marignane factory in France to Zeebrugges to be prepared for shipment to a customer.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Offline kitnut617

• That's got his tum rumbling already just by the sound of it.
« Reply #5125 on: June 15, 2018, 05:02:37 pm »
Watched a C-17 land at YYC this afternoon, not sure of the operator though ----

Saw where this C-17 was parked so went around to see it. It was ZZ175 (RAF) which is a regular visitor to YYC. Later in the day saw it take off right in front of where I was waiting for our contractors to show up. A Voyager landed a few hour after and went and parked where ZZ175 was, but didn't have time to go see which one.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Online zenrat

• Not on the rug, man!
« Reply #5126 on: June 15, 2018, 05:35:23 pm »
Very windy last night and I was about to claim a sighting of a house containing a girl in a gingham dress and a small dog.
But then I remembered where Brad C lives and decided not to as it's always possible he could see it for real.
Fred

Let's make Victoria great again.

Another ill conceived, poorly thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IMELBOUR261

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #5127 on: June 16, 2018, 01:06:14 am »
"Dumpster Weather."  ;D ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline Nick

• What-IF SIG
« Reply #5128 on: June 16, 2018, 12:47:34 pm »
In the Lakes last week I spotted several low flyers, some I was looking up to and others I was staring down on!

Over the Kirkstone Pass and Ullswater.
A400 Atlas, Tornado pair, Super Tucano, Hawk solo.

Around Grasmere and Dunmail Raise.
A pair of BAe Hawks, A400 Atlas, C-130 Hercules seen from above when I was wondering why I'd seen no planes.
The next day I filmed a flyover of a pair of Herks that flew in the valley below me and then up the hillside and right over my head  :thumbsup:

Offline Nils

• Belgium's "Iceman"
  • Za Rodina!!!
« Reply #5129 on: June 17, 2018, 02:34:47 am »
went to beach yesterday, but not for the sand and sun, but for something very unique  :mellow:
the Zoute Air Trophy STOL competition.

pictures: https://www.facebook.com/nils.steyaert/media_set?set=a.10216572147433322.1073741890.1148021640&type=3
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.