Contemporary Crusades

Started by John Howling Mouse, July 04, 2006, 06:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

QuoteI always thought it was Torque ? - usually made from Electum ? Alloy of gold & silver.
Torc is the most commonly used spelling, torq and torque used by some.
All mean the same thing: to twist.
Anyhow the root is actually Latin so I doubt anybody knows what the Celts and related groups called their neck-rings.

Gold or bronze are the most commonly found, torcs of electrum or silver are much less common.

Replicating Celtic and Viking jewelry is what got me started in metalwork.

Cheers, Jon

Daryl J.

Getting back to aircraft-----> B)

Is there any sort of O-ring or similar material to use for Desert Tires for the Pfalz Prophet?    That aircraft has to go into the ruggeds of the Middle East so a standard undercarriage wouldn't work.

Which Pfalz?   Likely the D.III Early since Earl's Hobby Hangar had them so cheap but could still go with the E.I since it was based in Megiddo circa 1917 anyways. ( It's late enough that I may have some facts scrambled but I *think* that's accurate).

Thanks,
Daryl J.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

ysi_maniac

In current time frame, I am working in a F-16/79 (that down graded version with Phantom engine) and studying a F-20 and a Hawk-200 for crusaders and Fulcrum and Frogfoot for Sarracens.

I am also working in 50s time frame and others are working on WWI

Carlos.

lancer

QuoteOf course. :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:
Sweet :) I think I am gonna make a couple Templar aircraft and a couple for the Saracens :) The Crusades was my most favorite conflict so far during the time of man :D
And what a better way to honor my passion by creating a 1:144 scale aircraft worthy enough for Jacques DeMolay? :)
Perhaps then he could have used it against Philip the Fair before the sneaky git turned on him. I too am very interested in the Knights Templar.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen